California Grill - lately?

minnie56

DIS Veteran
anyone dined here recently? I’ve been at Disney for a week and so far, pretty underwhelmed with my meals. We have CG scheduled for Saturday night and I’m debating ...

Thanks !

anyone dined here recently? I’ve been at Disney for a week and so far, pretty underwhelmed with my meals. We have CG scheduled for Saturday night and I’m debating ...

Thanks !
Where have you eaten during your week so far?
I ate at CG's brunch last July and it was truly worth the cost.

Not a fan. Every time i've eaten there, i've been disappointed. And all my meals are always different. Its not like i stick to a specific dish. Not worth my time anymore to be honest. But if you go, i hope you enjoy.

We’ve eaten at Chef de France , Be Our Guest, Kona Cafe, Ale and compass, Trattoria al Forno, San Angel Inn , Enzo’s hideaway ( good!) via Napoli tonight ..I’ve forgotten the rest ... we’ve done CG maybe a dozen times but not in 3-4 years so I thought I’d ask.

We were there in mid September and once again loved it. Actually had our server from a year prior come over to say hello and see how the past year had been! Couldn’t believe she remembered my mom and I after so long

I just got back from a 13 day trip on the deluxe plan and the meal at California Grill was the best I had (we had many good one's). I had only eaten there once before about six years ago and it far and away exceeded my expectations.

We ate there twice in August and had a great time! We went back and ate in the lounge the 2nd tine because we enjoyed the first meal so much. I will say our server in the lounge was awful. Our server from a few nights before stopped by to say hello and I kept asking him if he could take care of us again! Enjoy!!!

We went for dinner in July. Dressed up a bit and had a great time. The only downer on food was my DH got the VERY expensive ribeye steak and he said it wasn't very good. I told him probably not a good idea for a mid-westerner to order expensive beef while in Florida. Stick with something they should do well and don't order the most expensive item if you feel it may just add to what is already a disappointing food trip.

We’ve been to CG many times over the years, and always enjoyed the cuisine and the service. However, the last 2 trips, within the last 4 months, really disappointed me. I like seafood when away from home, my family’s not keen on it. CG gave me tasteless scallops and on the 2nd occasion, less than stellar fish. Now everyone else, who had steak, pork and salmon, they were tickled pink. I can’t really blame the Chef, I ate both dishes, didn’t complain, just as in a previous post about the steak, just as there are lemon cars, sometimes too notch ingredients can be duds. So I’m on a hiatus from CG, though if I could score the “much coveted” CG brunch, I’d go for it.

Looks like you were due to eat there last night so this may be too late but I just posted my latest review from August and as always it did not disappoint. The Chef from Jiko took over there earlier this year and the food - in my opinion - has only gotten better. Of course any place can have a bad night, but thankfully CG has never disappointed us.

Looks like you were due to eat there last night so this may be too late but I just posted my latest review from August and as always it did not disappoint. The Chef from Jiko took over there earlier this year and the food - in my opinion - has only gotten better. Of course any place can have a bad night, but thankfully CG has never disappointed us.

We thoroughly enjoyed the CG!
Best meal we had all week...

We thoroughly enjoyed the CG!
Best meal we had all week...
Did they still have the cowboy cut rib-eye on the menu? It is off the menu on the Disney site but still on AllEars, so hoping it is still there. DH was really hoping to try it next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter