Cabana Bay Deadbolts?

humphreydog

Terminated on 10/8/17. Bourne to new identity 6/20
It's nice that they added a retro / modern looking deadbolt. The only problem is that they can be opened with a shoelace.

What did they say when you informed them of that?

HPDL258.jpg
The door opens partially. Shoelace/string/piece of wire is slipped around deadbolt. Close the door a little..pull string and deadbolt is defeated. Looks like a design flaw to me.

I think I am using the wrong term..not the deadbolt, the night latch.

Last edited:

HPDL258.jpg
The door opens partially. Shoelace/string/piece of wire is slipped around deadbolt. Close the door a little..pull string and deadbolt is defeated. Looks like a design flaw to me.

I think I am using the wrong term..not the deadbolt, the night latch.

I've seen those in other hotels. I didn't realize they could be defeated.

Those are more about stopping a forced entry when someone knocks at the door and you answer.

I have not stayed at CB - but most hotels have an actual deadbolt that your should lock when you are in the room

Yeah, that's not a deadbolt! I have stayed at Cabana Bay, the doors do have actual deadbolt locks.

I don't think any version of that type of thing pictured above, whether it be an old fashioned chain, or the hinged 2 bars, is a very strong protection.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter