Cabana Bay better price than Disney Value Resort

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
Can't believe that my Universal AP rate got me Cabana Bay Poolside Room for Dec 19-21 this year .
It beat Disney's All Star Value Music Resort Preferred Room by $76.52 including tax. That's lunch or dinner.

Yup! I think all the Universal resorts beat WDW. $ for $ I feel you get more bang for your buck at the Universal resorts.
I haven’t stayed at Cabana Bay but they have much more amenities than WDW values, incl great pool with slide and lazy river.
We got a price for Royal Pacific for less than what WDW is charging for a moderate.

Congrats on your great rate! I am a Cabana Bay fan, have stayed there at least 4 times, but it is not always less $ than Disney values. I love AP rates when I can get them. I booked a last minute trip in August 2018 and the rate I got at Pop was better than what I could have gotten at CBBR.

Congrats on your great rate! I am a Cabana Bay fan, have stayed there at least 4 times, but it is not always less $ than Disney values. I love AP rates when I can get them. I booked a last minute trip in August 2018 and the rate I got at Pop was better than what I could have gotten at CBBR.
Yes. Same here.
My AP rate in August at Cabana Bay was more expensive then Pop. I really loved Cabana Bay though! :)

$158/$169/$198 These are rack rates for Pop Summer season Aug 11-24 posted on mousesavers.
  • Where there are three prices for a period (i.e. $111/$222/$333), the first price is for Mondays – Wednesdays, the second is for Sundays & Thursdays, and the third is for Fridays & Saturdays.
Yikes!

This will be our first stay at Cabana Bay. Love all the bright colors and fun decor in the room.
Disney is slowly removing all of the theme design in the rooms to plain style. And the price is getting of the charts.

That's new! Checked my Pop stay from last summer Tues, Weds, Thurs nights $124+tax in early August, no difference for Thurs night stay then.

I have 4 different nightly rates for my Thanksgiving stay at RPR, but that is because of the holiday week.

In February, we stayed at Pop for 7 night and CB for 4 nights. As soon as we walked into CB we were like "Ahhh, an adult resort" LOL There was no crazy noise, crowds, etc like at Pop Century (cheerleaders, Brazil groups, etc). It was just way more civilized. AND, the buses were constant! We never had to wait more than 5 minutes going to or from the parks.

This will be our first stay at Cabana Bay. Love all the bright colors and fun decor in the room.
Disney is slowly removing all of the theme design in the rooms to plain style. And the price is getting of the charts.

Hope you have a lovely time there.........many seem to enjoy it a lot!

I love Cabana Bay. Stayed at Pop Century after one trip. The poor POP did not live up to Cabana. Plus there's a bowling alley. Several good places to eat and lots of things to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!