By two and get two days free...best I'll get?

Robin&Marian+2

Earning My Ears
We're Universal newbies, so sorry if this is an obvious question. We're booked for MLK weekend, but don't have our park tickets yet. Is the current buy two days get two free promotion the best we can expect? We'll be getting our tickets through Tickets at Work. TIA!

Honestly if you think there's ANY chance you might go back again before April 2020, you're better off getting a season pass. It's not that much more expensive than a 2 day + 2 free ticket, and they are tacking on 3 free months to the lowest level annual passes right now. Would save serious money in the long run if there's any possibliity you'd visit again in the next 15 months

Honestly if you think there's ANY chance you might go back again before April 2020, you're better off getting a season pass. It's not that much more expensive than a 2 day + 2 free ticket, and they are tacking on 3 free months to the lowest level annual passes right now. Would save serious money in the long run if there's any possibliity you'd visit again in the next 15 months

I had seen a few threads about this, but didn't realize it would be a good deal even with the 2+2. Thanks. Is it worth it to buy a higher level annual pass for discounts?

I had seen a few threads about this, but didn't realize it would be a good deal even with the 2+2. Thanks. Is it worth it to buy a higher level annual pass for discounts?

I've been looking at it, and wasn't totally impressed with the discounts you get at the higher passholder levels - definitely not enough to have everyone get a higher level pass. Disney AP's seem to be a much better value in terms of discounts.

For my family, the extra $95 for a pass that would get us food discounts is tempting, I'd just have to make sure we spent at least $1000 on food over the life of the pass to get our money's worth, and only buy one Premium pass. There's no way we'd spend $4000 on food and extras over 15 months, so buying one premium pass and three season passes makes more sense for us.

We wouldn't stay on site, so the hotel discounts aren't as appealing - but you might find them worthwhile if you think you'd be likely to stay on site. Also we would travel mostly during non-blackout periods, that's something to consider too (May and June seem to be peak concert season for them when there would be frequent blackout dates, and my kids are still in school at that time!)

I found the opposite. With my Disney AP there were very few places I ate that had a discount. At Universal it is ALL park dining (even QS) and several of the resort dining locations.

Be careful, the season pass has blockout dates.

I found the opposite. With my Disney AP there were very few places I ate that had a discount. At Universal it is ALL park dining (even QS) and several of the resort dining locations.

Be careful, the season pass has blockout dates.

Oh I know - we are not usually able to travel during peak times so the blackout dates don't fall around our normal travel dates. It's not for everyone, and definitely something to be aware of for those that DO travel during peak times and around events!

We got the 2 free day pass. We are going in December and I almost got the annual pass since we weren’t going during blackouts, but I was worried about concerts and not being able to get into US, only IOA.

We got the 2 free day pass. We are going in December and I almost got the annual pass since we weren’t going during blackouts, but I was worried about concerts and not being able to get into US, only IOA.

Can you upgrade this ticket to an annual pass when you get there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter