BW villas room request

hamilkm

DIS Veteran
Today was my 7 month mark for my daughters first birthday trip in May. We swapped from one of our homes at CC to BWV. I figured with Star Wars opening next fall this might be our only chance to stay at BWV. What would be a good room request for a pool/garden view studio? I will have a one year old, so convenience is more important to us than view. We would like to be close to transportation/pools/boardwalk. I just wanted to see if there are any great areas to request? We are looking forward to being able to walk to 2 parks with our stroller. Thanks!

Request studio overlooking Village Green, and high floor. That would give you a room that overlooks the courtyard on the boardwalk side. You get partial boardwalk view, close to elevator, close to lobby, close to pool, and easy trip to bus or boat, besides being able to walk over to Epcot or Studios. If you look at the map provided in the post above, the Village Green rooms are in the area where the letter "O" is, mostly above Wyland Galleries.

Request studio overlooking Village Green, and high floor. That would give you a room that overlooks the courtyard on the boardwalk side. You get partial boardwalk view, close to elevator, close to lobby, close to pool, and easy trip to bus or boat, besides being able to walk over to Epcot or Studios. If you look at the map provided in the post above, the Village Green rooms are in the area where the letter "O" is, mostly above Wyland Galleries.
Perfect! This is exactly what I was looking for. We stayed on the inn side a couple of years ago and were on the level of the lobby and really close to the lobby. We liked the location and I knew there had to be something similar on the villa side. I had looked at the layout and knew I wanted close to lobby but wasn’t sure where elevators were etc.

Hi, is the Village Green considered garden/pool view?

Last edited:
Hi, is the Village Green considered garden/pool view?
The Village Green area has two types of rooms, dedicated studios and dedicated 1BRs. See this map of the DVC rooms in the area http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/BWV_CourtyardPreferred.jpg. To the left of rooms in that map is the elevator, to the right is the boardwalk. As you can see, almost all the rooms are studios and all the studios are pool/garden view.

Thank you both, I feel that I should have known this but didn't. I have been a member for a long time now with BW being my home resort. I guess I didn't know this because I always (with one exception) book boardwalk view rooms. Just goes to show you're never too old to learn something new. :daisy:

BWV is one of our homes and I think I am going to have a bit of a dissenting opinion.

Based on what you are looking for, I would go for a Standard View instead of the Pool/Garden view.

The best way to illustrate my logic is by looking at this map:
https://goo.gl/maps/GS3P4mPe78x

The left hand wing are all the villas. If you look at the very bottom of map, you see where the building makes a 90 degree turn and terminates. A short path starts there, follows along the water, then reaches the edge of the bridge. The Disney transportation bus stop is right across the street from here, on the north side of that road.

All of the Standard View rooms are along that wing, facing the driveway up to the front of the building. All of the Pool/Garden Rooms are on the opposite side of this hallway, all the way past the lobby area, to where Boardwalk ends (at Jellyrolls). The Boardwalk View rooms are on the opposite side of the hallway from the Garden / Pool View rooms AFTER you pass the lobby. The only elevators are at that lobby junction, right in the middle of the wing.

All of this detail breaks down to this...

About 50% of ALL rooms are a fair jog away from the elevators.
If you are not on the First Floor (the lobby is actually the second floor), you will have to deal with that jog every time you go anywhere. (Unless you use the stairs.)

Our last couple of trips to BWV we chose Standard View and got assigned First Floor. I generally hate First Floor rooms, however in this case it turned out to be great. We didn't have to take the elevator. It was easy to walk to the Buses and Parking Lot. The Quiet Pool was right across the hall. The Boardwalk was just a short walk down the hall. We never heard any traffic from the front of the building.

This makes it hard for me to justify spending the extra points on the various special Views.

BWV is one of our homes and I think I am going to have a bit of a dissenting opinion.

Based on what you are looking for, I would go for a Standard View instead of the Pool/Garden view.

The best way to illustrate my logic is by looking at this map:
https://goo.gl/maps/GS3P4mPe78x

The left hand wing are all the villas. If you look at the very bottom of map, you see where the building makes a 90 degree turn and terminates. A short path starts there, follows along the water, then reaches the edge of the bridge. The Disney transportation bus stop is right across the street from here, on the north side of that road.

All of the Standard View rooms are along that wing, facing the driveway up to the front of the building. All of the Pool/Garden Rooms are on the opposite side of this hallway, all the way past the lobby area, to where Boardwalk ends (at Jellyrolls). The Boardwalk View rooms are on the opposite side of the hallway from the Garden / Pool View rooms AFTER you pass the lobby. The only elevators are at that lobby junction, right in the middle of the wing.

All of this detail breaks down to this...

About 50% of ALL rooms are a fair jog away from the elevators.
If you are not on the First Floor (the lobby is actually the second floor), you will have to deal with that jog every time you go anywhere. (Unless you use the stairs.)

Our last couple of trips to BWV we chose Standard View and got assigned First Floor. I generally hate First Floor rooms, however in this case it turned out to be great. We didn't have to take the elevator. It was easy to walk to the Buses and Parking Lot. The Quiet Pool was right across the hall. The Boardwalk was just a short walk down the hall. We never heard any traffic from the front of the building.

This makes it hard for me to justify spending the extra points on the various special Views.

I doubt that standard view was available at a seven month booking

OP, I'd request "close to elevators" Your other option is to ask for a ground floor pool view room - you'll be able to get wherever you need to go - EXCEPT the bus stop - without needing to worry about elevators or stairs - but the bus stop is one flight up to the lobby - so if your one year old will be able to handle one flight (or you have enough adult hands to handle stairs, small child and stroller), and your stroller is light, you can manage fine - and there are a lot more rooms which increases your chance of having the request met (Village Green is probably the most popular studio request).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter