Buying discounted tickets for family members?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
Can we buy DVC discounted park tickets for family members who want to come and join us for a week?
If so, how?
Thanks in advance!

There were reports of the 7 for 5 deal working unofficially for people's family members last year, but other than the gold pass, I am not even aware of any DVC discounts being offered right now. The gold pass would need proof of residence.

As mentioned there are not discounted ticket offers for DVC at the moment. When they come out they usually state whether you can buy for family and friends or not. You cannot buy DVC AP's for family that does not reside with you.

Often the DVC discounted tickets have not varied much from UnderCover Tourist discounts though.

Spin-off question: Do they have to be family members or just members of your household? (A roommate, boyfriend, etc.)

Spin-off question: Do they have to be family members or just members of your household? (A roommate, boyfriend, etc.)

Family.

From the member website:

"As a Disney Vacation Club Member, you and and your immediate family (living in the same household) can save on select annual passes for Walt Disney World Resort in Florida."

There were reports of the 7 for 5 deal working unofficially for people's family members last year, but other than the gold pass, I am not even aware of any DVC discounts being offered right now. The gold pass would need proof of residence.

Though the deal did say that you weren't supposed to use it for that - I considered buying them for my "don't live with me, taking a trip with me" family and it was 'not permitted.'

Though the deal did say that you weren't supposed to use it for that - I considered buying them for my "don't live with me, taking a trip with me" family and it was 'not permitted.'

Yes, I read those rules as well. Never tried to test them myself but I remember reading people who reported that they successfully passed the tickets off to family members. As was mentioned, they really are no better than undercover tourist tickets anyway.

Yes, I read those rules as well. Never tried to test them myself but I remember reading people who reported that they successfully passed the tickets off to family members. As was mentioned, they really are no better than undercover tourist tickets anyway.

Although I should have mentioned with the exception of being able to use over 6 month time frame. I posted that the price was the same so no real loss if you were just looking for a 7 day ticket to use on one trip. It was nice if someone had a couple of short trips during 6 months.

Which was what we decided. That some ticket broker (it might have been UT, I might have used someone else) had nearly as good a deal at the time we were looking, and I wouldn't have to risk them not working, or break the rules.

Family.

From the member website:

"As a Disney Vacation Club Member, you and and your immediate family (living in the same household) can save on select annual passes for Walt Disney World Resort in Florida."

In my book there is no way they can tell if a roommate, boyfriend etc is your immediate family or not. If you hold the same address then I would say you are ok. Immediate family dont need to hold the same family name. In my family we dont.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter