Building up credit with WDW for spending money???

k5thbeatle

DIS Veteran
Ok this is a new one to me but maybe someone can clarify? Had a business client tell me they recently went to WDW (stayed at Yacht Club) and had made payments to WDW over the course of a year such that when they arrived they were able to use that money as a credit for buying things and dining?

I asked for clarification, "You mean you made payments for you hotel stay and had some leftover as a credit?" No, he was very specific that they paid for the hotel room up front in total when they booked and then simply paid in money that they asked WDW to keep as a credit for them.

Is that possible or was this guy confused or pulling my leg? He was absolutely not kidding and as I only know him from business I don't see why he would make this up???

I've never heard of that.
I almost wonder if they meant they have a Disney Visa card and built up reward dollars from making purchases and will now have a redemption card to use with a significant amount on it?

He was probably talking about a Disney savings account. I know they had some kind of program that you put money in an account and it went towards your vacation. You may have even got like a 5% bonus on every $100 you put in or something. I know there was talk about it on the boards a couple years ago.

He was probably talking about a Disney savings account. I know they had some kind of program that you put money in an account and it went towards your vacation. You may have even got like a 5% bonus on every $100 you put in or something. I know there was talk about it on the boards a couple years ago.

I did a quick search. It was called a Disney Vacation Account. Disney Parks blog did a post about it in 2015.

I haven't heard about that in quite some time and I thought Disney was actually ending that since there seemed to be problems getting your money back if you cancelled etc. But still I thought that was only for paying off your trip not actually for spending on the tyrip. Of course I may be wrong because I don't know much about it other than I'd never do it considering the horror stories I heard of people not getting money back that they put in.

Thanks for the replies. I thought I was going crazy but I'd never heard of this before and think this guy meant something else???????? What I don't know???

He could also have simply kept adding money to Disney Gift Cards which would accomplish the exact same thing without ever needing to get Disney involved.

It's also possible they booked the room, paid in full, and then took advantage of a later discount. Typically when that happens, instead of getting a refund, you get credit on your resort room account.

I haven't heard about that in quite some time and I thought Disney was actually ending that since there seemed to be problems getting your money back if you cancelled etc. But still I thought that was only for paying off your trip not actually for spending on the tyrip. Of course I may be wrong because I don't know much about it other than I'd never do it considering the horror stories I heard of people not getting money back that they put in.

With the Disney Vacation account, you could use it to pay for your hotel, and/or request the funds in the form of a gift card to use. It is no longer available though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter