• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buffet Style Meals

SaneB4DVplanning

Earning My Ears
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :crowded:

WE LEAVE FOR DISNEY THIS WEEKEND AND ARE TRYING TO MAKE LAST MINUTE DINNER DECISIONS. WE HAVE A PS FOR CRYSTAL PALACE, OHANA'S, AND THE H&V FANTASMIC DINNER PACKAGE.

WE HAVE NOW HEARD NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT CRYSTAL PALACE, AND ARE WONDERING IF WE SHOULD SWITCH THIS PS TO CHEF MICKEY'S OR BOMA'S. WE ARE REALLY, REALLY PRIME RIB EATERS SO THIS IS WHAT WE WANT OUT OF A BUFFET, GOOD PRIME RIB!!!!

ALSO, THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD THAT SAYS THAT OHANA'S IS REHABBING THEIR FIREPITS, WILL THIS BE FINISHED SOON, OR SHOULD WE CANCEL THIS PS AS WELL.

WE REALLY JUST WANT TO HAVE A GREAT TIME AND EAT ALOT OF GOOD FOOD, IF YA'LL HAVE ANY OPINIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THESE PS'S, PLEASE GET BACK TO US.

FORGOT TO ADD THAT OUR BOYS ARE 9, 7, AND 15 MONTHS, SO IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OUTSIDE OF THESE PS'S PLEASE SHARE.

I can only speak for my family, but we loved our meal at CP in August. My dd and I had eaten there before but dh hadn't. It is now a 'have to eat there' restaurant for him. We really enjoyed it. We like CM's also but I think the food is better at CP. Go and have fun!!

1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey's and Boma's are excellent choices. Out of those three, I would choose Boma's for the food. I would choose Chef Mickey's to get the buffet aspect as well as a good overall character meal. 1900 Park Fare is supposedly a very good buffet but it is a Cinderella character meal which may not be the best choice for your boys.

Have Fun,
Bruce ::MickeyMo

I dined at the Crystal Palace for both lunch and dinner on my last trip and enjoyed both meals. Thought it was the best buffet on property.

At dinner, if good food is what you are looking for, then skip Chef Mickey's. Had dinner there on my last trip and it was the worst meal I've ever had on Disney property. The food was awful and a total waste of money.

Crystal Palace- hot tasty food. good service, beautiful setting. Good character interaction.

Chef Mickey's - cold bland over cooked food, horrible service, poor character interaction

Boma- Amazingly good food. Good service. Nice but not "special" restaurant setting but can go outside and look at the animals.

I'd say skip H&V and do Mama Melrose instead.

for boys I have to mention donald's breakfastosaurus in AK. IMHO it is the perfect boy themed meal.

excellent food, good fun, relaxing, and great character interaction: Garden Grill! (@ EPCOT)

I'd like to think that I am a picky restaurant-goer, and DH and I were both pleasantly surprised with the quality of food we had at many of the buffets.

That being said,

Chef Mickey's for dinner: loved it, DD loved it, we have PS for NYE
Boma - at breakfast there - DH and I loved it, DD didn't (too much unfamilar food, but she was only 3)
Crystal Palace - Pooh Bkfst - also liked it, thought the food was good for a buffet

But please bear in mind, I have never been to WDW during anything resembling high season, and that would have a LOT to do with it!

I was very disappointed with Boma's prime rib. But it is buffet prime rib - I just should have ordered my prime rib in a sit down restaurant instead of a buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter