Brown recluse spider in room?

Just imagine if everyone moved rooms because of one bug. I would move if there was a snake tho. I would actually move right back home to Ohio if I found a snake in my room. But a bug or spider? There is probably one in every single room every single day whether or not you see it

OP here. DD was bitten by a brown recluse when she was 9 months old and still has the divot where the necrosis was, so she is justifiably anxious about this. They talked to a CM at the front desk. They have been reassigned to a new room; Disney will move their stuff for them after housekeeping cleans the new room. Disney insisted on this; DD and SIL were just going to move their stuff and go on about their day.
I don't take it lightly either, leebee. My sisterinlaw was bitten by one and ended up having lots of necrosis which required surgery. Brown recluses are really frightening.

You’re in the south. There’s a chance of bugs in any room. If you are really concerned, you should:

1. Check shoes before putting them on.

2. Shake out clothes and jackets before putting them on.

3. Shake out each blanket / sheet before getting into bed.

Brown recluse like to live in small dark spaces. Hence the name. Most people get bit when they stick a body part somewhere one has made a home. Not out in the open.

Be careful of sticking hands and feet in dark areas that haven’t been touched in a while.

Those are the best precautions you can take. Cleaning won’t really do anything. They just crawl back in little holes and crevices and hide.

I'm not at all trying to sound dismissive, but it's really helpful for everyone to be educated about insects and animals in Florida. I live in FL and I do not know a single person who has not had bugs get into their home. Everyone I know uses pest control, as Disney does too, and sometimes they still get carried in on a box, your luggage, through the door when it's opened, etc. If Disney had to move someone every single time an insect showed up, no one would stay there or any other hotel. If someone has a history with a brown recluse, it's incredibly smart to educate themselves on what a brown recluse actually looks like. We've educated our kids on spiders as well as identifying venomous snakes- which so far we haven't had a snake in our house, but that can and does happen in Florida sometimes, too. And there are snakes and alligators in the waters on Disney property, too fyi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter