Brightline to Tampa update

joelkfla

DIS Veteran
There was a recent story about Brightline's planned extension from Orlando to Tampa in the Tampa Bay Business Journal newspaper. Unfortunately, it's behind a paywall to which I don't have access, and I haven't been able to find the info on any other news sources.

But in a railfan forum, it was reported that the article said the earliest possible start date for construction is now 2022, and the earliest start of service to Tampa is 2025. These are estimates, and not at all firm.

The lead said that service to WDW would be earlier, but I can't read the article to see if there are any specifics. I know that the current earliest start of service to Orlando is end of year 2022, so WDW would be no sooner than that.

Last edited:
Same here with the stupid paywall. I even tried incognito and got the paywall again.

Like everybody is just dying to pay to read the Tampa Bay Business Journal! smh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter