Brief trip report Dream July 14-18

Burgermom

Mouseketeer
Weather:
Overall a nice trip but we did not luck out with the weather! Because of the consistent rain the pools were closed more than open it seemed which was a disappointment, especially for the kids. Our morning on Castaway Cay was pretty nice; perfect warm water for swimming. loved it.

Food:
I cruised the Dream 3 years ago and found that the food was not as good as last time. The escargots in particular were terrible this time. Just dry and weird. Overall I found the food somewhat dry and tasteless. The service was good.

Overall vibe on the ship:
I found overall that the staff lacked energy or something. i can't quite explain it but they seemed tired; perhaps the ship is understaffed? Maybe it was the bad weather making everyone feel a bit low. I'm not sure. Could have just been my experience.
The shows were still great although i wish they would change up either Believe or the Golden Mickeys with a new show; they seem dated.
The ship was really clean and fresh looking.

Ports:
Castaway Cay was awesome even though the weather was a bit messy at times. That being said the buffet on the island was extremely busy; we ended up going back to the ship to eat.
I'm sick of Nassau; wish they would use a different port or come up with some different excursion options. i know its a Bahamas cruise and a trip to Nassau is expected but it just always seems underwhelming. We decided to stay on the ship because I wasn't interested in the excursion options.

Pre-cruise/Port arrival:
We had no issues sailing out of Miami. It was easy.
Precruise, I wish that Disney was more clear about the process before sailing re: vax records and covid tests. I didn't realize that I had to submit by vax records and then wait for them to be approved before I could upload my negative covid test. If i had known the process i would have uploaded my vax records a few days earlier so that i could have uploaded by negative covid test as soon as i had it.

Overall thoughts:
Will I sail Disney again: Yes, but not the Dream, twice was enough for me :) Would love to try the Wish soon. Overall it definitely felt good to be on a ship again after being unable to travel for so long :)

We (me, wife, girls 11/13) are cruising on the Dream for the first time this October on the same itinerary as you just went on. I am leaning towards staying on the ship in Nassau as well. If anything, maybe something nearby the ship, but likely not any excursions (previously went to Atlantis many years ago). Hopefully the crew is more upbeat and the food improves by October. It will be a Halloween on the High Seas so that will be fun to experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter