Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024/2025! Updated 8/25/2024

Are there any reports of anyone being able to book a bounceback for the new Poly tower?
Conversely, do the newest printings list the new Poly tower as being excluded?
I have not seen any reports yet (either way), but I do know that the cash DVC do not open up as early as the regular hotels. So, if I’m not mistaken (someone please correct me) with Poly DVC tower opening in December, and only being able to book DVC Villas within 11 months, that means only those looking at opening date through mid-June for a bounce back would be able to book, and I have no idea how availability at full rack rate is looking for mid-Dec through mid-June.

I have not seen any reports yet (either way), but I do know that the cash DVC do not open up as early as the regular hotels. So, if I’m not mistaken (someone please correct me) with Poly DVC tower opening in December, and only being able to book DVC Villas within 11 months, that means only those looking at opening date through mid-June for a bounce back would be able to book, and I have no idea how availability at full rack rate is looking for mid-Dec through mid-June.
Hopefully people will post experiences. I did a January booking on the day they were first allowed and I plan to try to apply the Bounceback after my next trip which is late October into November. I also just booked a week in March and I was surprised at how much availability there still was to choose from. I'm fine with rack rates if it comes to that, but I always like to try to apply whatever discounts are floating around. Sometimes it works out. Sometimes it doesn't but worth the try.
I am curious about the current wording on the BB offer. Wondering if the Tower was added to the exempt list.

Hopefully people will post experiences. I did a January booking on the day they were first allowed and I plan to try to apply the Bounceback after my next trip which is late October into November. I also just booked a week in March and I was surprised at how much availability there still was to choose from. I'm fine with rack rates if it comes to that, but I always like to try to apply whatever discounts are floating around. Sometimes it works out. Sometimes it doesn't but worth the try.
I am curious about the current wording on the BB offer. Wondering if the Tower was added to the exempt list.
I have a trip coming up at the end of July. I will call BB after and find out ;-) I'm kind of curious about availability at Poly Tower too.

Would anyone be willing to share some actual numbers that you have gotten for the bounce back deals? Like, the actual price per night with the discount? I know dates and hotel prices vary but I’m just curious to see what the numbers actually look like. TIA! 🏰😍🎆
I booked Yacht Club for next July today. Resort view room was $393.25/night on weeknights, $396.50 on weekend nights

I have 2 future stays coming up. So I can call and see if they can apply the bounceback to both, correct? Let's say they can. Then, I could make another bounceback for a different stay? But that's it, no more than 3?

I have 2 future stays coming up. So I can call and see if they can apply the bounceback to both, correct? Let's say they can. Then, I could make another bounceback for a different stay? But that's it, no more than 3?
If you are currently staying on property you can, or if you checked out in the past 7 days. Otherwise, you will have to wait until one of your upcoming stays to see if the offer is available for any future booked stays. And yes, 3 stays.

I'm unclear from the information you provided if you are currently onsite (or within 7 days of checkout).

From the first post:
  • You can ONLY book a Bounceback while you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel (e.g., Disney's value, moderate, deluxe and deluxe villa resorts), and up to 7 days after checkout.
But assuming that you are onsite or up to 7 days after checkout, and that you want to know if you can call now to apply the Bounceback to reservations you have already booked for the future, the answers are in the First Post. In fact, I recommend reading the entire first post, which has the dates that are included in future bouncebacks. Not all future dates are included.

Your question about the 3 future stay limit is ALSO answered in the first post, and no, you are not limited to 3 different stays:

Can I book multiple bounceback reservations or rooms?
  • Yes, you can book bouncebacks for different time periods (e.g., one in July and one in December). There is no limit to the number of different reservations / time periods you can have.
  • However, you are limited to 3 rooms at one time (for example, a room for you and 2 additional rooms for people traveling with you).
    • Yes, you can book more than 1 room, up to 3 rooms at the same time, so you can travel together
    • Note that if *you* (person bouncing back) needed to cancel your room, theirs will be cancelled too because they are not bouncing back (you are!).
    • You can cancel the other guest's room without affecting your bounceback since *you* are the one bouncing back.

Last edited:
If you are currently staying on property you can, or if you checked out in the past 7 days. Otherwise, you will have to wait until one of your upcoming stays to see if the offer is available for any future booked stays. And yes, 3 stays.
Thank you for answering, sorry I wasn't clear, yes, I'm 7 days out so I know I'm eligible, I just wanted to make sure before I called.

I'm unclear from the information you provided if you are currently onsite (or within 7 days of checkout).

From the first post:
  • You can ONLY book a Bounceback while you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel (e.g., Disney's value, moderate, deluxe and deluxe villa resorts), and up to 7 days after checkout.
But assuming that you are onsite or up to 7 days after checkout, and that you want to know if you can call now to apply the Bounceback to reservations you have already booked for the future, the answers are in the First Post. In fact, I recommend reading the entire first post, which has the dates that are included in future bouncebacks. Not all future dates are included.

Your question about the 3 future stay limit is ALSO answered in the first post, and no, you are not limited to 3 different stays:

Can I book multiple bounceback reservations or rooms?
  • Yes, you can book bouncebacks for different time periods (e.g., one in July and one in December). There is no limit to the number of different reservations / time periods you can have.
  • However, you are limited to 3 rooms at one time (for example, a room for you and 2 additional rooms for people traveling with you).
    • Yes, you can book more than 1 room, up to 3 rooms at the same time, so you can travel together
    • Note that if *you* (person bouncing back) needed to cancel your room, theirs will be cancelled too because they are not bouncing back (you are!).
    • You can cancel the other guest's room without affecting your bounceback since *you* are the one bouncing back.
As above, sorry I wasn't clear, yes I'm eligible. Also, I did read the first post in it's entirely before posting. Thats how i even knew about the 3 stays in the first place. I just wanted reassurance that I understand it correctly.

Hi, fellow Dis-ers!! I have an upcoming dplit stay - AKL at an AP rate, and CR CL at (eeeurggh) rack rate. Anyone know if it’s possible to apply a BB rate to the second part of a trip in progress? Assuming the room/rate is available, that is. Thanks!

Hi, fellow Dis-ers!! I have an upcoming dplit stay - AKL at an AP rate, and CR CL at (eeeurggh) rack rate. Anyone know if it’s possible to apply a BB rate to the second part of a trip in progress? Assuming the room/rate is available, that is. Thanks!
It's worth a try. Cannot hurt to try if those dates are still available. Please let us know how it goes if you do try.

I'm not sure since it will be paid in fully by that time if that will make any difference in ability to do this?

It's worth a try. Cannot hurt to try if those dates are still available. Please let us know how it goes if you do try.

I'm not sure since it will be paid in fully by that time if that will make any difference in ability to do this?
I am at AKL for 2 nights (and may add another), and both are room only reservations, so CR won’t be paid in full yet - so that removes one potential variable! The trip is in 3 weeks, I’ll let you know!

I am at AKL for 2 nights (and may add another), and both are room only reservations, so CR won’t be paid in full yet - so that removes one potential variable! The trip is in 3 weeks, I’ll let you know!

Disney’s IT recognizes the 2nd hotel as a completely different stay, not part of your AKL stay. So sure, call your first day & see if the BB is available for the CR portion. The only question I have is because you’ll be within 5 days of check in, when cancellation/ change penalties kick in. I know you can change to a higher priced room within that time. The question is will there be any penalty to decrease the price within that time frame.

Disney’s IT recognizes the 2nd hotel as a completely different stay, not part of your AKL stay. So sure, call your first day & see if the BB is available for the CR portion. The only question I have is because you’ll be within 5 days of check in, when cancellation/ change penalties kick in. I know you can change to a higher priced room within that time. The question is will there be any penalty to decrease the price within that time frame.
I think @scrappinginontario was more wondering what would happen if the full SECOND resort stay had already been charged, but I will have an extra day of wiggle room... On the penalties... I guess we'll see. I would imagine there would be more danger of a big issue if I was dropping below the one night deposit, and that clearly won't happen, haha. I suppose it is likely to depend on the CM I speak to, as with all things Disney.

ETA - clarifying second vs first resort stay during a trip with a split stay :)

Last edited:
I was just responding to this

if it’s possible to apply a BB rate to the second part of a trip in progress

Disney would see your CR as separate trip, not the 2nd part of your AKL trip. If your AKL stay was 6 days, no question you could do it because Disney sees it totally separate from that stay. Other than that, I’m not sure what you were asking.

I agree with the others; it's worth a try! I don't see how this is any different than when a discount comes along for a last minute trip. Like you mention, as long as there is availability for your resort, room and dates, they should be able to give you the discount. The question becomes if that room/resort is not available, would you consider switching to a different one for the discount? The reason why I mention this is that CL discounts have notoriously been less available across different promotions this year.

You wont know if your particular CL 2nd part of split room is a part of the BB promotion until you call, which of course you have nothing to lose- but you can see the booking availability of that room, which is probably a good indicator. Of course you always have the chance that they will still apply the discount to your room even if SO.

I agree with the others; it's worth a try! I don't see how this is any different than when a discount comes along for a last minute trip. Like you mention, as long as there is availability for your resort, room and dates, they should be able to give you the discount. The question becomes if that room/resort is not available, would you consider switching to a different one for the discount? The reason why I mention this is that CL discounts have notoriously been less available across different promotions this year.

You wont know if your particular CL 2nd part of split room is a part of the BB promotion until you call, which of course you have nothing to lose- but you can see the booking availability of that room, which is probably a good indicator. Of course you always have the chance that they will still apply the discount to your room even if SO.
I’m well freakin aware of how stingy they’ve been with CL discounts 😂!! It’s been a harsh few months!

It is clearly taking a shot at random, but it’s the only shot I have. @vinotinto I am likely to take advantage for a future trip also. But for this trip, the group really wants CR, and I really want CL for the weekend, so I won’t be changing if n/a. Sadly!

I’m well freakin aware of how stingy they’ve been with CL discounts 😂!! It’s been a harsh few months!

It is clearly taking a shot at random, but it’s the only shot I have. @vinotinto I am likely to take advantage for a future trip also. But for this trip, the group really wants CR, and I really want CL for the weekend, so I won’t be changing if n/a. Sadly!
Yeah, unfortunately CL is a big hit now. I loved it when we easily got it with discounts. Im hopeful people will stop booking it!!! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest