Borrowing question?

*pixie*

DIS Veteran
We are planning on booking a stay for June 1-9, 2019 at a non-home resort so our booking window will open next month. Our use year is June. Since our stay is in 2019, will I be able to borrow 2020 points when I book?

We are planning on booking a stay for June 1-9, 2019 at a non-home resort so our booking window will open next month. Our use year is June. Since our stay is in 2019, will I be able to borrow 2020 points when I book?
Your June 1-9, 2019 trip will fall in your June 2019 UY. That means you can use banked June 2018, current June 2019 and borrowed June 2020 points. So, yes.

Thank you so much, that's what I thought, but the booking dates/trip dates always throw me a little!

Correct. They have to be used within the use year into which they were borrowed or banked.
Thanks for clarifying.:thanks: We plan to borrow from 2020 for a GV at SSR in Jan of 2020, so that's coming up in Feb. 2019.
I'll need to make sure DD/SIL & DS/DIL are committed to those dates.

Thanks for clarifying.:thanks: We plan to borrow from 2020 for a GV at SSR in Jan of 2020, so that's coming up in Feb. 2019.
I'll need to make sure DD/SIL & DS/DIL are committed to those dates.
If you end up downgrading to a small (fewer points) room, your reservation will use the borrowed points first and then your current-year points could be banked into 2020. If you’ll still go, at least you can hedge your bets.

If you end up downgrading to a small (fewer points) room, your reservation will use the borrowed points first and then your current-year points could be banked into 2020. If you’ll still go, at least you can hedge your bets.
Oh good.
That helps-thanks.
Winds up swapping points from borrowed to banked, I like that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter