Borrowing question please

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
So have a trip planned in May. Thinking I want to add another night. As of now the one night is available so I want to book it but not 100% sure I will be able to go that one extra night. So I’m keeping it a just a one night booking. If I borrow the points from 2025 (all my 2024 points accounted for) to make the booking so I have the room what happens to those points if I have to cancel the booking? Will they go back to 2025? When do I have to cancel until
I have a February use year
Thanks

Borrowed points stay in the UY borrowed into. So if you borrow the 2025 points and cancel it, they will then be in your 2024 UY and expire at the end of that UY (January 31, 2025 for February UY).
Cancellation Guidelines*:
For Disney Vacation Club Member Vacation Point Reservations at a Disney Vacation Club Resort

31+ Days Before Check-In Date​
All Vacation Points used to make the reservation, including borrowed Vacation Points, will be returned to your account in the Use Year in which the reservation falls.​
30 Days – 1 Day Before Check-In Date​
All Vacation Points used to make the reservation will be placed in the Holding Account in the Use Year in which the reservation falls.​
On the Check-In Date​
All of the Vacation Points used to make the reservation will be forfeited.​

Borrowed points stay in the UY borrowed into. So if you borrow the 2025 points and cancel it, they will then be in your 2024 UY and expire at the end of that UY (January 31, 2025 for February UY).
Thank you one more question if you don’t mind. If I cancel they will expire by January 31, 2025 does that mean travel on those points has to be completed by then or a new booking? In other words can I use them to book a trip in February 2025 if I book before they expire?
Thanks

It’s a final transaction. What is possible is to cancel the day (if you don’t want it), then go in and modify your original reservation to use those borrowed points. Then you could take that same amount of points and bank to next year.

You’d need to still be within your banking window to do this. And also the points that you bank into next year will need to be used in that year.

Thank you one more question if you don’t mind. If I cancel they will expire by January 31, 2025 does that mean travel on those points has to be completed by then or a new booking? In other words can I use them to book a trip in February 2025 if I book before they expire?
Thanks
The last night you can use them is January 31st, 2025, must check out by February 1st, 2025. You can not use them beyond that point.

To confirm to what is paired if you did cancel and had the borrowed points return, you can ge them moved into the other nights, by modifying what you have to use those points and free to the others.

But, you’d need to do that at least 31 days or more from the start of your trip because if it is less than that, the freed up points will not be in holding status.

And, and reallocation needs to be initiated by by..the system doesn’t do it automatically.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter