Booking window opens- what order to book?

DisneyLove2015

Mouseketeer
So I’m trying to get things set for what I need to book when our booking window opens. We’re doing the 11 day southern this summer on the Fantasy.

The big things we want to book are Royal Court Tea, Palo brunch (preferably on our anniversary, which is the last sea day), Frozen meet, Princess Gathering, and sport adventure in San Juan.

I know the meet and greets can fill quickly. I almost missed out on our first cruise due to limited availability.

The royal court tea party, Palo brunch and the San Juan port adventure are the biggest things we want. Would you go book the tea party, then Palo, then port adventure first? I have no idea how many royal court royal tea parties are offered on board. I’m hoping with 4 sea days, we have a good chance at both the tea party and Palo at a silver booking window.

I’m over thinking this, but I dislike how things are booked per day instead of being able to see the event and seeing what all is available for the entire cruise duration (or that was how it was on my phone last time!). It makes it a little more challenging.

I always book port excursions first because once they are full it's less likely an opening will come up. I would then probably book the tea and then Palo. I would think you should have a good chance getting both with 4 sea days. I've always been able to get everything we want as silver (just turned gold) and we just do 7nights with just 2 or 3 sea days. My dd has out grown the princesses, so we don't do those anymore, but I'd do those last.

Last edited:
I was advised to book characters last because they are often available if you wait a bit or wandering the ship at other times. But can I ask you a question, where are you finding what is available to book? I can't find where it says what is going to be available on my cruise.

I was advised to book characters last because they are often available if you wait a bit or wandering the ship at other times. But can I ask you a question, where are you finding what is available to book? I can't find where it says what is going to be available on my cruise.

You won't be able to see what is available until you are PIF and your booking window has opened, if you are a first time cruisers it will open 75 days before your cruise.

I won’t know specifically until my booking window opens. I know traditionally that Palo Brunch is offered on sea days, royal court tea is offered at least once on longer cruises and then for shore excursions- if you go under port adventures, you can see what is normally offered for each port prior to your booking window.

I know that there are ticketed character meets and character breakfasts from previous trips and info online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter