Booking Second G+ at DL/DCA

disneyfan150

DIS Veteran
After you enter the park gates and book your first G+, are you not able to book you second G+ until 2 hours after park open or 2 hours after making your first G+ (if you haven't used the first G+ yet)?

For example, I enter DL on an EE morning and book my 1st G+ at Indy and keeping modifying that G+ until a later time. Will I not be able to book my second G+ until 10 am (8 am open).

Thanks for any help! I am trying to understand differences in G+ at DL/DCA and what I have done at WDW.

Curious as to why you would be modifying it for a later time and not just picking a ride you want to ride now and getting Indy afterwards.

If you book one for say 20 minutes from whatever time it is, go use it, you can book another one after that. You dont need to wait 2 hours between them if you have used the one you have booked prior to the 2 hour time limit.

Maybe I’m remembering wrong, but I recall having second G+ times before 10 am when we booked the first G+ while waiting for the park to open at 8.

From here: https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/limit-using-genie-plus-535223/
"Once you have purchased Disney Genie+, you will be able to make your first Lightening Lane selection for the day at 7:00 a.m. After that, you can make each subsequent Lightening Lane selection after you have used the one that you have already made, or after two hours have elapsed, whichever comes first. Please do note that this two-hour window starts at park opening, even if you did make that first selection at 7:00 a.m...."

Not saying it couldn't have changed since that was posted, but that was what has been stated on their website. We always use the first few LLs almost immediately anyway and then around mid-day start stacking the ones that are 2+ hours away.

From here: https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/limit-using-genie-plus-535223/
"Once you have purchased Disney Genie+, you will be able to make your first Lightening Lane selection for the day at 7:00 a.m. After that, you can make each subsequent Lightening Lane selection after you have used the one that you have already made, or after two hours have elapsed, whichever comes first. Please do note that this two-hour window starts at park opening, even if you did make that first selection at 7:00 a.m...."

Not saying it couldn't have changed since that was posted, but that was what has been stated on their website. We always use the first few LLs almost immediately anyway and then around mid-day start stacking the ones that are 2+ hours away.

I believe that is for WDW. At DLR you cannot start booking until after you have entered the park, so you can’t start booking at 7 am.

So you could start booking at 7:30 (not 7) for DLR early entry. At worst the window would be 2.5 hours if it makes you wait until 10am.

When we were there 2 weeks ago, we booked the first one right when we scanned in for EE at 7:30am. It said our next one was bookable at 9:30am (or when we used the first LL). So it is not 2 hours from park opening, it is 2 hours from booking, at least based on my very recent experience. You can alway see in the app what time your next LL is able to be booked. If you can’t find that in the app, try to book one, and it will give you an error that says something like “you can’t book again until x:xx time”.

As for why you would book one and modify it for a later time, you would do this because so many rides are walk on or very short waits in the first few hours of park time. You could ride a favorite SB in the morning, and save the LL for that same ride for later when the SB lines are long.

Remember, if you need to make a change in time or ride, always MODIFY a LL (to an earlier or later time or to a different ride in that park) but don’t CANCEL it. If you modify a LL, the 2 hour lock out still starts from the time you booked the original LL. If you cancel a LL, the 2 hour lock out starts over from the moment that you cancel and then book something new.

As for why you would book one and modify it for a later time, you would do this because so many rides are walk on or very short waits in the first few hours of park time. You could ride a favorite SB in the morning, and save the LL for that same ride for later when the SB lines are long.
^^^^This is my plan!:-) I especially hope to squeeze in as many non G+rides as possible in those first hours. We will see how it goes.

Thank you for your help!

You can book LL as soon as you enter the park.
The 2 hour window starts as soon as you book your LL.
So if you enter the park at 745am and book your LL at 745am, park opens at 8am, you can book next LL at 945am.
You can modify a LL until that return time expires.
If for some reason you forget to modify before it expires you can go to a Guest Services podium and request for some help to bring that LL back. In most cases (depending on Cast Member) they will just give you the same attraction LL to use at anytime.

Use the early morning to fish for MEP LL.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter