Booking question-How long do they hold the room?

disneyfanforever

DIS Veteran
I am getting ready to try to book at the 11 month window tomorrow, and I have a question about the process. If I am able to click the room that I want tomorrow at 8:00 EST and begin the process, how long do I have to complete the process? Do you have a set amount of time to enter numbers of guests, addresses and phone numbers or does it come down to who completes their reservation the quickest gets the room? If that is the case, do I really need to put all of the guest information initially (there will be 5 adults in a 2BR) or can I do that later? Thanks!

It’s like 20 minutes. But I always simply make sure the lead guest is correct and change nothing else, including address and then get it booked.

After it’s set, I go in and modify the guests. I do this just in case the system goes out while I am entering. Once it’s booked there is no rush!

ETA. The only time I change address or phone is if I am not a guest. If I am I leave my stuff.

Thanks for the info. So it's okay to just leave my address and phone for all guests? I don't really want others on my reservation to get info from DVC if they could accidentally change and mess up something.

I usually just book studio or bedroom and 1 guest... myself .
Then you can add names/ make changes later. The important thing is to get the room .

Thanks for the info. So it's okay to just leave my address and phone for all guests? I don't really want others on my reservation to get info from DVC if they could accidentally change and mess up something.

Yes. I never change to be honest!

I always go back in and give the correct info for guests, if they will be using magic bands for charging on their own credit card accounts, they may need some of that info, like zip code and so forth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter