Booking Early December

castle1

DIS Veteran
Is it possible to get BWV 2-bedroom standard view reservation for the first week of December without walking the reservation? And if it needs to be walked, how early do you start? We're looking at Dec. 2018.
Thank you.

Because every 2BR at BWV is a lock-off, I would expect it to be harder without walking. There is a lot of it going on lately.

If I were to walk that one, I'd have started already.

I know there's some event early November. Hopefully, everyone's walking their way to that and then we'll get a break. Geez. I've been watching to see how bad 2018 is because I would like Thanksgiving in 2019. I'm beginning to think my Oct UY is going to be a problem, because it started getting crazy end of September.

I know there's some event early November. Hopefully, everyone's walking their way to that and then we'll get a break. Geez. I've been watching to see how bad 2018 is because I would like Thanksgiving in 2019. I'm beginning to think my Oct UY is going to be a problem, because it started getting crazy end of September.
Wine and Dine Half, yeah. It is possible that when the dates on that close out, it may start a new round of walkers.

To guarantee getting it you need to start walking with mid-September time when BWV standard studios (and thus also 2BRs which are all lock-offs) are invariably open well past 8 a.m. at 11 months out. Once you get to Oct arrival time, the BWV standard studios/2BRs have a risk of filling for any given day either before or very quickly after 8 a.m. eastern at 11 months out. It does not happen every day but there is no certainty for any given day it will not. If you want to wait to begin walking later, such as in November, then best chance to find a possible start date open is between the day after Food & Wine ends and the Thursday that is a week before Thanksgiving, and also the Saturday or Sunday after Thanksgiving. If you wait beyond that time to start walking, the risk of failing to find a start date becomes higher, and if you wait untill 11 months out from your desired arrival date in early Dec, the risk is very high that you will not get it unless you are one of the lucky ones whose computer communicates faster than anyone else's computer with Disney's computer at exactly 8 a.m. at 11 months out.

We are new DVC members so please excuse me if this is a silly question. What does "walking the reservation" mean?

We are new DVC members so please excuse me if this is a silly question. What does "walking the reservation" mean?
At your 7 or 11 month booking window, you can book up to 7 days into the future. Walking is the practice of using those extra days to your advantage. It’s essentially a loophole of questionable ethics.

Wow ... I had no idea that people walk that far.
So if I want a new years eve value standard room at AKV starting on Dec. 30th for a week and I own at AKV I should have started this process already ??
I own at the Beach Club and have never had a problem getting a studio for new years at 11 months.

Last edited:
Wow ... I had not idea that people walk that far.
So if I want a new years eve value standard room at AKV starting on Dec. 30th for a week and I own at AKV I might have to start this process in early fall ??
I own at the Beach Club and have never had a problem getting a studio for new years at 11 months.
There are only 18 Value Studios at AKV; 10 of these are lock-offs, so they can be booked as 2BR units and take the studios out as an option. It is actually pretty unlikely to get NYE without walking for a studio or 2BR (Those 10 lockoffs are the entire inventory for 2BR Value at AKV).

BCV has 110 studios available (36 are dedicated), and 78 dedicated 2BRs on top of the 74 lock-offs.

So it's a big numeric difference.

good to know ... thanks !!!!

So October 23 is the start date now for 11 months but is not available (first two days are gone) probably because others have already started walking.
What is needed is to watch every day from now till Jan. 30th and if 7 days opens ever opens book it and then call back every 6 days to move the reservation till I get the Dec. 30th 2018 date I want. If I have a December user year will there be any problems, do I need to make sure I book this with certain points ???

I am new to this walking thing but what stops people from doing this a year a head of time so long as they have enough of the correct points ...

Last edited:
I am new to this walking thing but what stops people from doing this a year a head of time so long as they have enough of the correct points ...

Time and sanity. :crazy:

So, it's just me but I probably wouldn't look to start booking the Value studio until the 3rd week of December. But I'd also be wiling to book at standard view and then waitlist for the value if I weren't able to snag it.

There are also point use issues. Points have to be available at the time of stay, and premature borrowing moves UY; having points tied up prevents their banking.

Yep, been watching for late oct 2018 and every day at 8:01 the first day is gone. Gets harder each year. We need early November so I’ve been watching. So stressful at the 11 month window to grab the hard to get Bwv standard.

One of the few reasons I decided to go with a home resort in Orlando instead of at Hilton Head was the fact that I know the chances of us getting a studio in December could be slim unless we owned actually owned in Orlando. It might be possible, but I had just rather not go through that stress at the 7-month mark in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter