Booked 3 b/r savannah view villa @ AK Kidani for a steal

GeneralTso

DIS Veteran
Hi,
We just booked the deal of a lifetime and snagged a 3 b/r grand villa, savannah view at Kidani. It's 8 nights for $3,500. We moved our already booked points for AK into holding and used those for a different trip. Total DVC points would have been 756!!! Not even close to what we own.

Have you stayed in one of these units? I can't believe it has 2 floors! With 4 bathrooms!

Questions:
1) I requested a room on the viewing platform side of the resort. Was that the correct way to describe it?
2) Any tips on what I could more specifically ask for?
3) We've never stayed in Kidani, is access to Jambo easy? Do you walk? I'll miss that gorgeous lobby. That was a downside for me but heck, I could not pass this up.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Lucky! I saw that reservation :love: I have No advice though other than kidani is about a 10 minute walk or there is a shuttle

Where did you see this reservation? It sounds amazing but I don't know where everyone found it.

Hi,
We just booked the deal of a lifetime and snagged a 3 b/r grand villa, savannah view at Kidani. It's 8 nights for $3,500. We moved our already booked points for AK into holding and used those for a different trip. Total DVC points would have been 756!!! Not even close to what we own.

Have you stayed in one of these units? I can't believe it has 2 floors! With 4 bathrooms!

Questions:
1) I requested a room on the viewing platform side of the resort. Was that the correct way to describe it?
2) Any tips on what I could more specifically ask for?
3) We've never stayed in Kidani, is access to Jambo easy? Do you walk? I'll miss that gorgeous lobby. That was a downside for me but heck, I could not pass this up.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I can’t answer Q1 or Q2. We’ve stayed in the Kidani Grand Villa and just loved it. The two story windows are amazing.
It’s an easy unscenic walk to Jambo. It takes about ten minutes and is through the parking lots. We walked there almost every day and it wasn’t a big deal.

There is a round trip shuttle van that runs constantly between Jambo House and Kidani Village, about every 1O or 15 minutes. You catch it right outside the front entrance. I found it to be very dependable, and faster than walking, unless your room is almost at the end of the wing closest to Jambo.

We love Kidani. Both resorts have their own high points. For our next visit, we have scheduled about 10 days at Jambo, in a 2 bedroom lockoff AND a Studio. I keep wondering if we should stay in Jambo or switch to Kidani. We like both resorts very much.

Last edited:
I saw that as well and wish we could have made the dates work. Amazing deal!!

It was on Facebook. I'm not sure if it made it on the newsletter but it popped up on my feed.

1 and 2. As to your location request, I do not know what kind of view you reserved, savanna or standard. If standard, there is no location request to make with a GV since both standards are in the same location overlooking the Pembe savanna, and will be nowhere near the “viewing platform.” You will also have a very long walk to lobby and buses. If savanna view, all of which overlook the Sunset Savanna, there is no need to request on the same side of the building as the viewing platform because all the savanna view GV's are on that side of the building. Better requests are for near the pool (or near the Rafiki elevator) or near the buses (or near the Timon elevator) Either would avoid long walks to amenities. Note that you cannot really be both near the pool and near the buses so do not try to request both.

As to how it compares to Jambo, see my post here https://www.disboards.com/threads/kidani-or-jambo.3597578/

We stayed in a savannah view GV at Kidani last year. There were 11 of us, and it was amazing! We were pretty close to the lobby on the pool side of the resort. Request near the Rafiki elevators for that location. The only "down side" to the trip ws that I had to use a ton of points, so naturally we had to add on this year!

A few in our group walked over to Jambo House but it was just as easy to hop on a bus or the shuttle. We did that a couple of times, since we ate at Boma and Jiko.

Laurie

Have a Grand Time. We did it as a group and had an Amazing Time.
Grab the shuttle bus between the two. We did thenite Safari at Kidani recently. Awesome experience!!!!! Consider it if u have the time.
Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter