Boma or Jiko ?

GOBA Mom Lynn

Mouseketeer
Help us decide!!!

There will be 2, possibly 4 adults going out for a childless dinner. We have never eaten in either restaurant (or visited AKL, for that matter). Which one would have the best combination of interesting food, atmosphere, and price? Our time and budget will only get us one, this trip, but which should it be?

Lynn

Jiko is more expensive, but IMHO a MUCH more desirable place for an adult dinner.

BOMA is a buffet, and it doesn't really keep conversation flowing well when people have to keep getting up to get more food.

Jiko has an incredible and delectable menu that I can't praise highly enough.

If you skip or split appetizers and deserts (the entrees are not huge, but are filling) you won' spend a whole lot more money than you would at BOMA, and will get a lovely meal in a setting condusive to relaxing and having a conversation. Worth the few extra $$ IMHO.

Anne

We will be heading to Jiko in a week or so for an Anniversary dinner. It came highy recommended on this board. I have also seen it on the Food Network and it looked great and most importantly...quiet. :)

Jiko is one of our very favorites. If you're going to splurge, splurge here.

Have to agree with other posters - if you are splurging w/o the kids - head to Jiko.

Boma's, although I hear the food is FABULOUS, *is* a buffett and you'll see (and hear!) more kids there.

Choosing between Jiko and Boma is like choosing rather you want to have arms or legs !

Used to love Jiko. It started out great and unfurtunately has become a mediocre, overpriced restaurant. I am not basing htis on only one visit. I have eaten there 5 times. The first two, it was outstanding. The second and third, after they change chefs, less so. The last time I did it was awful. Fatty, dry, buffet quality dishes with the same prices as Flying Fish cafe which is much, much better.

Boma, on the other hand, remains the best buffet in WDW with interesting options.

It is my opinion that if you want a good restaurant for a special occasion, try Citricos, or Flying Fish. Jiko is not in the same league anymore.

If you still decide to go, please let me know how it went when you come back.

Good luck.

We were at Jiko's in May for my birthday; everything was fantastic from the food to the service to the atmosphere (romantic). We were seated at a table near the window & our server was Naseer who anticipated our every need. All of the staff was very friendly yet professional; the assistant chef even came by our table. Great experience! I would definitely go again.

JoeBlack - Sorry about you bad experiences at Jiko's. We have also eaten at Flying Fish Cafe which was wonderful.

GOBA, I am glad that you have decided not to eat the children this time around. :teeth:

We've been to Jiko four times over the last three years and it has always been wonderful. Most recent trip was February 2004 and it was as good as it ever was. Definitely the place to go to for a meal without children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter