BOG harder to get during the holidays?

Mike D.

Mouseketeer
Has it been anyone's experience that BOG is harder to get a reservation for during the holiday/party season? This is our third time going, and I have never had a problem getting a BOG reservation. I have been actively trying to get a reservation this time for 141 days and counting! Multiple checks daily, Touring Plans reservation finder, tirelessly watching the dis cancellation thread. NOTHING! I am still holding out hope though. We are bringing my wife's sister and her son for their first and probably only visit to WDW, and I am trying my hardest to make sure they experience BOG once in their lifetime. I am wondering if it is because the time Magic Kingdom is open to the public is so limited, it's extra hard to find reservations. We aren't going at a crazy busy time of December (9-17), so I'm wondering what is making this so hard.

It's busier than you think, and there are multiple nights with Christmas parties, which make the non-party ADRs harder.

Were you able to get one? Seems like I saw you reply to a post on the cancellation board. I'm also looking for BOG that week but only on a specific day so it has proven to be tricky. Good luck!

No, not yet. I was an hour late to the cancellation thread. I'm still trying...

I have had no luck either. And it was my kids’ one request... :sad1: (12/14-21)

I have been looking for a long time for Dec 18-22 either lunch or dinner to no avail (we are a party of 5). Either this or CRT, but no luck. i am hoping that some will open up now that it is almost 30 day mark and some people will make cancellations. If that doesn't work I will keep an eye out the day before I am going to be in MK with hopes there will be cancellation day before.

There are a lot of people dropping them on this forum and in Facebook groups! I'm on the hunt too, good luck to you!

I have been looking for a long time for Dec 18-22 either lunch or dinner to no avail (we are a party of 5). Either this or CRT, but no luck. i am hoping that some will open up now that it is almost 30 day mark and some people will make cancellations. If that doesn't work I will keep an eye out the day before I am going to be in MK with hopes there will be cancellation day before.

I have a 12/23 lunch I may be dropping if I can find my other time that I need!

I have a 12/23 lunch I may be dropping if I can find my other time that I need!
I am looking daily on the cancellations forum. I wish you luck on your search. Like I said, I do think things will open up as it gets closer, but saw on another forum that my week as free dining which is probably why BOG is so hard to get. I wish all luck here trying to get BOG!

I was able to snag a reservation for BOG during the Christmas party we will be attending. It is at 6:40, so a perfect time as it won’t interfere with any big shows.

My kids are thrilled and I feel like I can finally relax and enjoy the next few weeks before our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!