Boat ferry between old key west and downtown

manning

Just for that I have requested it
It's a cold and I'm sitting in building 45 watching the ferry.

It cost money in fuel to push a boat thru water. There are at least two boats at each end. Boats are coming by continuously with no one on them. There is radio communication.

If there isn't anyone riding why are the boats running. When the boats are scheduled to run why don't they radio in. If there isn't anyone riding both ways why make the runs. Wait for the next scheduled run and follow the same procedure. That would save money in fuel.

They run on a schedule. Park one at either end and that schedule is a bust.

It cost money in fuel to push a boat thru water. There are at least two boats at each end. Boats are coming by continuously with no one on them. There is radio communication.

If there isn't anyone riding why are the boats running. When the boats are scheduled to run why don't they radio in. If there isn't anyone riding both ways why make the runs. Wait for the next scheduled run and follow the same procedure. That would save money in fuel.

Big picture...

Sounds reasonable, should be workable with appropriate implementation. With a set schedule, they'd just have to wait until the next appointed time if they elected to not run at a given time plus the only time they'd be able to avoid running would be when both ends had no one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter