Blue lagoon or Atlantis dolphin swim?

Kkb0517

Mouseketeer
I’m looking for advice for which dolphin swim is better - blue lagoon or Atlantis? I’m looking at the swims not the encounter. Thanks

While dolphins captivity is not my cup of tea to begin with, I have to say that I have seen much better conditions elsewhere than Blue Lagoon, were they had very little room and shallow water.

So... Maybe check out Atlantis?

I did Blue Lagoon a two years back and really enjoyed it. It was a short boat ride from the port and overall a very quiet and peaceful environment. We enjoyed our experience there as well as walking around and looking at the other animals and enjoying some time on their beach as well. They have a water obstacle course for a nominal fee as well if that's something you are interested in.

I also did a dolphin swim at Atlantis, but it was a while back when the resort had just opened. I've always found my Atlantis experiences to be overpriced for the experience, but I know many people who enjoy it. There are a few other things to do at Atlantis as well, however the fees for those could be quite high to add on.

Personally I enjoyed Blue Lagoon because it felt less commercialized and more special. If I remember correctly I do think it was slightly cheaper as well, but I could be wrong about that. Atlantis may be better if you have smaller kids and need a shorter commute back to the ship as it is just a quick taxi ride away. Truly don't think you could go wrong with either, but I would go back to Blue Lagoon before Atlantis personally.

I did Blue Lagoon a two years back and really enjoyed it. It was a short boat ride from the port and overall a very quiet and peaceful environment. We enjoyed our experience there as well as walking around and looking at the other animals and enjoying some time on their beach as well. They have a water obstacle course for a nominal fee as well if that's something you are interested in.

I also did a dolphin swim at Atlantis, but it was a while back when the resort had just opened. I've always found my Atlantis experiences to be overpriced for the experience, but I know many people who enjoy it. There are a few other things to do at Atlantis as well, however the fees for those could be quite high to add on.

Personally I enjoyed Blue Lagoon because it felt less commercialized and more special. If I remember correctly I do think it was slightly cheaper as well, but I could be wrong about that. Atlantis may be better if you have smaller kids and need a shorter commute back to the ship as it is just a quick taxi ride away. Truly don't think you could go wrong with either, but I would go back to Blue Lagoon before Atlantis personally.

Were you able to stay on the island after your encounter (assuming you did the early slot)? I'm pondering the Sea Lion Encounter (because dolphin ones are all over, but sea lions not so much) for the early slot and am wondering if I can stay on the island longer since there is a later time slot for the Sea Lions.

Were you able to stay on the island after your encounter (assuming you did the early slot)? I'm pondering the Sea Lion Encounter (because dolphin ones are all over, but sea lions not so much) for the early slot and am wondering if I can stay on the island longer since there is a later time slot for the Sea Lions.

We did the sea lions a couple years ago. It was a lot of fun! there were several available return both to choose from, and we enjoyed the beach for a couple of hours before going back to the ship.

From an animal welfare standpoint, Atlantis is a much better facility. But I second the recommendation to try Discovery Cove, it's amazing!

Yes! We were allowed to stay on the island for as long as we wanted! Of course this could have changed since it has been a while, but I don't see why it would have. We hung out on the free beach chairs and enjoyed the view!

Is Disney able to book a sea lion encounter at Atlantis when it is not an official excursion that they provide? Half of our party wants to do the beach day there and half wants to do a sea lion encounter. It would be nice to keep us all together somehow.

Is Disney able to book a sea lion encounter at Atlantis when it is not an official excursion that they provide? Half of our party wants to do the beach day there and half wants to do a sea lion encounter. It would be nice to keep us all together somehow.

If it is not offered as a DCL excursion, no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter