BLT Vs. Wildnerness Lodge

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
I have wanted BLT from the beginning.... due to location. But I bought AKV due to price of points to purchase and use of points being so much lower and I know I will love it, can't wait for our first visit in March! I lost an initial AKV contract of 300 points to rofr so I ended up with 180 points with the plan of buying another 150 or so at BLT to alternate etc.

Well, prices have gone way up... so I am considering other options.. main reason I like blt is location, walking to MK and monorail. Next best seems wilderness, issue being expiration date. My son is 9 so he will be 33 when it expires. Just about the time he is having kids etc.. hopefully!

Just looking for opinions on the situation...

Thanks so much!

Options are all up to you and what you will really end up doing and how much you are willing to spend. IMO BLT is good for walking to the MK but the theme does nothing for us. Will you even care as much about going to WDW again in ten years,
20 years. What if your son doesn't care for Disney like you do, ours doesn't.

:earsboy: Bill

I would start here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/resale-blt-vs-wilderness-lodge.3647617/

It is really hard for anybody to tell someone else where they should buy. It is like comparing a steak house to an Italian restaurant. They both may be very good, the best in the world of their kind even, but some people will just prefer the other no matter what. If you find the location and decor of BLT to be worth the extra initial buy-in cost, then that is the place for you. If, on the other hand, the lower initial buy in cost and holiday decor are worth the shorter contract length and higher MFs at BRV, then that it the one for you.

Options are all up to you and what you will really end up doing and how much you are willing to spend. IMO BLT is good for walking to the MK but the theme does nothing for us. Will you even care as much about going to WDW again in ten years,
20 years. What if your son doesn't care for Disney like you do, ours doesn't.

:earsboy: Bill
Great point! You never know the future!

I would start here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/resale-blt-vs-wilderness-lodge.3647617/

It is really hard for anybody to tell someone else where they should buy. It is like comparing a steak house to an Italian restaurant. They both may be very good, the best in the world of their kind even, but some people will just prefer the other no matter what. If you find the location and decor of BLT to be worth the extra initial buy-in cost, then that is the place for you. If, on the other hand, the lower initial buy in cost and holiday decor are worth the shorter contract length and higher MFs at BRV, then that it the one for you.

Thank you, great points! I will keep looking and thinking... and I will check out that thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter