BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

I am certainly not an expert on using this forum and this is probably my favourite thread as well!!

I can find it by clicking on watched threads and then there is a box that will show unread threads. Mine usually says “you do not have any watched threads that are unread”. Right below that is a small link that says “show all watched threads”. When I click on that a list comes up and I can easily find it (I don’t follow many).

There may be a simpler way and I look forward to hearing from others but this works for me!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!! All this time I've been clicking on my Profile page trying to find old threads under "subscriptions"! I never even NOTICED the "WATCHED THREADS" etc, across the top under FORUMS....until you just mentioned it! Again thanks!!:worship:

We just got back from our first stay at BLT, lake view studio. We were in room 8637 which was the perfect location for us, we were close to the elevators which was nice, and we absolutely loved being on the 16th floor. I didn't think that the room felt too small and I loved the large entry way to store our luggage, my biggest issue was the small bathroom sink area, I have no idea how I was supposed to get ready there. Our furniture was pretty beat up, there were stains on the sofa, very obvious marks on all of the wood furniture, and batting coming out of the bed. The biggest negative for me was the lobby scent, it was way too strong and unfortunately unavoidable when going to do laundry. We really enjoyed our stay, but likely would not spend the points to stay regularly, we would look into a couple nights of a split stay again though.

We just got back from our first stay at BLT, lake view studio. We were in room 8637 which was the perfect location for us, we were close to the elevators which was nice, and we absolutely loved being on the 16th floor. I didn't think that the room felt too small and I loved the large entry way to store our luggage, my biggest issue was the small bathroom sink area, I have no idea how I was supposed to get ready there. Our furniture was pretty beat up, there were stains on the sofa, very obvious marks on all of the wood furniture, and batting coming out of the bed. The biggest negative for me was the lobby scent, it was way too strong and unfortunately unavoidable when going to do laundry. We really enjoyed our stay, but likely would not spend the points to stay regularly, we would look into a couple nights of a split stay again though.

It sounds like that room needs some maintenance maybe even down time for repairs. I hope you had time to call maintenance while you were there. The sink in the bathroom gets to me too. The shelving is just so awkward to use when you are under 5.5 feet and not have much countertop around the sink is a pain. I don't how many times I have knocked things into the sink.

I definitely know what you mean about the lobby scent. It causes me to have asthma problems and I had to leave when talking to a check-in CM because I couldn't talk and breathe at the same time. I often walk to the north elevator to get to the laundry room even if my room is right next to the south elevator.

It sounds like that room needs some maintenance maybe even down time for repairs. I hope you had time to call maintenance while you were there. The sink in the bathroom gets to me too. The shelving is just so awkward to use when you are under 5.5 feet and not have much countertop around the sink is a pain. I don't how many times I have knocked things into the sink.

I definitely know what you mean about the lobby scent. It causes me to have asthma problems and I had to leave when talking to a check-in CM because I couldn't talk and breathe at the same time. I often walk to the north elevator to get to the laundry room even if my room is right next to the south elevator.

Yes, I made a list and called maintenance before we left, I also informed the front desk of the issues we noticed. In all my DVC stays this was the most heavily beat up room by far, it looked like it really needed some TLC.

Being on the 16th floor, and only being there a couple nights, I decided to stick with the elevator that I knew worked to get me where I needed to go and just dealt with that terrible scent. If I had spent any more time there I certainly would have figured out an alternate way because it really did bother me, and I can't ever remember having issues with scents before.

Just checked into my 1BR lake view. They assigned me 7210 and insist this 2nd floor room is lake view. They offered me 5th floor south end (near CR) today or 9th floor north (Space Mnt end) tomorrow.

My bday is Sunday & a friend is coming for the weekend with her DD who's graduating so I told them I would wait for tomorrow's 9th floor room.

Phone in room not working. I don't need it but will let them know when I check out.

Just checked into my 1BR lake view. They assigned me 7210 and insist this 2nd floor room is lake view. They offered me 5th floor south end (near CR) today or 9th floor north (Space Mnt end) tomorrow.

My bday is Sunday & a friend is coming for the weekend with her DD who's graduating so I told them I would wait for tomorrow's 9th floor room.

Phone in room not working. I don't need it but will let them know when I check out.

Did you check to see if the phone was plugged in, we were at BLT a couple weeks ago and had to plug the phone in so that we could call bell services, I have never had to do that before and thought it wasn't working at first.

I was the one who reported getting 7310 1BR as a lake view last November, one up from you. My thought at the time was that so many people are requesting even number North Tower that they do whatever they can to fill the even rooms as lake views. Not sold on that being the case but just a thought. We were doing a split stay so stayed with room but moved eventually to a standard studio on the ground floor. Daughter commented on how much she preferred the location of the second room, and we could see the lake better lol.

Enjoy your stay, you're at Disney!

I was the one who reported getting 7310 1BR as a lake view last November, one up from you. My thought at the time was that so many people are requesting even number North Tower that they do whatever they can to fill the even rooms as lake views. Not sold on that being the case but just a thought. We were doing a split stay so stayed with room but moved eventually to a standard studio on the ground floor. Daughter commented on how much she preferred the location of the second room, and we could see the lake better lol.

Enjoy your stay, you're at Disney!

Drives me crazy when they just change room categories whenever needed! :sad2: I would LOVE to know how to get an "official" map so that when this happens we can refer to it. Did you both get points returned since you paid for a Lake View but were assigned a Standard?

Hi, we're booked in a 1 bedroom lakeview, I wanted the side over looking the marina-I know I read its the south side of the building, besides asking for south side, do I have to request an even or odd number room too? Thanks!

Hi, we're booked in a 1 bedroom lakeview, I wanted the side over looking the marina-I know I read its the south side of the building, besides asking for south side, do I have to request an even or odd number room too? Thanks!
We will be staying in a 1 BDRM Lake View room in November and also requested that area. Even numbered rooms are on the outside of the "C". So I requested even numbered, marina view. :thumbsup2

Drives me crazy when they just change room categories whenever needed! :sad2: I would LOVE to know how to get an "official" map so that when this happens we can refer to it. Did you both get points returned since you paid for a Lake View but were assigned a Standard?

I tried and they wouldn't give me one in March. I was writing down room numbers like crazy until I realized they could change it all next week.

I tried and they wouldn't give me one in March. I was writing down room numbers like crazy until I realized they could change it all next week.

that's really upsetting!
well, we're new BLT owners and i'm booking for august - not sure what to request....time to do a little research....or a lot of research.. :)

We just checked into BLT and booked a theme park room....VERY disappointed to be on the fourth floor RIGHT over the awning for the entrance! Put in a request for a high floor and this is what we got (we are in a 1bd). We had lots of extra points from buying a resale BLT contract so spent the extra points for theme park and will not do again. Our usual north tower even number lake view we like better.

On a plus note...the room was ready around noon time so really nice to get settled in the room for a mid day break!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter