BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

So we were just there for princess half weekend in 7332 and had used points for lake view so I see what you mean about Willy nilly

So we were just there for princess half weekend in 7332 and had used points for lake view so I see what you mean about Willy nilly

Yep - that doesn't match to what Denlo found when going thru with the front desk just a few days ago. And that's pretty much been the entire history at BLT.

Same. 3rd floor lake view November 2017, even number, 7310 conflicts with above info. From my receipt:

Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort RM 7310

Did your receipt also show Lake View? That is even different from what I was told. They mentioned that some of the rooms on the inside were blocked by trees and were not lake view because of it. But how they could just suddenly change a DVC room to one type or another without an adjustment made no sense. That is when I gave up on the room numbers on the inside. I requested a written copy of the views and no one would give it, neither from DVC Member Satisfaction nor at the front desk. No one seemed to think there was one. They really depend on the computer to tell them.

Did your receipt also show Lake View? That is even different from what I was told. They mentioned that some of the rooms on the inside were blocked by trees and were not lake view because of it. But how they could just suddenly change a DVC room to one type or another without an adjustment made no sense. That is when I gave up on the room numbers on the inside. I requested a written copy of the views and no one would give it, neither from DVC Member Satisfaction nor at the front desk. No one seemed to think there was one. They really depend on the computer to tell them.

Somehow this doesn’t seem right. It is my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong as it was before I became an owner)that there was a reclassification of some rooms based on view (not sure if this led to a reallocation of points). Therefore each room should be clearly allocated to a view (not willy nilly).

Somehow this doesn’t seem right. It is my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong as it was before I became an owner)that there was a reclassification of some rooms based on view (not sure if this led to a reallocation of points). Therefore each room should be clearly allocated to a view (not willy nilly).

That is how it should be. It clearly isn't though.

No, that seems to be conveniently not on the receipts.

Here's my reservation ... "Can't wait to welcome you home" email:

upload_2018-3-12_18-1-59.png

Here's the room ready notification, around 1pm:

upload_2018-3-12_18-6-45.png

The chart above was started as the best guess from the initial units allocated. Then if there was consistent reports of people receiving a certain room under a certain view it would be modified. HOWEVER - one of the problems at BLT was that some of these rooms have not been consistently given under certain views thus my comment about some willy nilly assignments as they are needed.
Agreed. I think some of those rooms change on a daily basis ....whatever is needed at the time. :cool2:

I posted on "DISboards! on Facebook" to get a wider audience. Perhaps someone has some insight or a solution. I just want to know if this is the way it will always be, wishy washy view assignments, or if it should be consistent. :thumbsup2

I posted on "DISboards! on Facebook" to get a wider audience. Perhaps someone has some insight or a solution. I just want to know if this is the way it will always be, wishy washy view assignments, or if it should be consistent. :thumbsup2

I am beginning to think so. I really don't understand why DVC does not just publish the view categories by room number for DVC villas and studios. It is not like they should change regularly or as needed based on demand. The view assignments should be set based on the point charts, not the height of the trees as one CM was telling me some of the lake views are determined for the odd numbered rooms (if you can't see the lake because of the trees then it is standard view). It might work that way for regular cash stays but not for DVC points/cash stays.

Thanks for the reservation confirmation. I wish they had put it on your receipt. It would have been a nice confirmation.

I checked back on a number of my receipts on points from BLT, Poly, GFV, AKV and BWV and none list the room category. The only exception was a stay at GFV LV 1BD where it was listed as a cash reservation in a line item (not the header info) the room type, room number, lakeview and amount we were charged. My point in mentioning it is that it is likely if you stay on cash at BLT, the room number and category would be listed on the receipt.

Last edited:
No, that seems to be conveniently not on the receipts.

Here's my reservation ... "Can't wait to welcome you home" email:

View attachment 308544

Here's the room ready notification, around 1pm:

View attachment 308545
Wow. That is NOT cool. We were in 7404 recently as a STANDARD 1br. They apologized that they couldn't put me on the 5th floor despite my request for a "high floor". I'm sorry.

Don't know why this thread doesn't show up in my conversations. Anybody know how I can refer to it right away? I always have to search page after page for it. I used to be able to go to my profile and find old threads, but for some reason nothing is showing up. Thoughts anyone?

Why don’t you just set it up as a watched thread? Under the title is a line that says “watch thread”. Click on that and you can choose to receive an alert when someone posts something new. You can also click on the link “watched threads” to find all threads that you are following. That link is closer to the top of the page (at least on my iPhone-it may be different on the pc laptop version)

Why don’t you just set it up as a watched thread? Under the title is a line that says “watch thread”. Click on that and you can choose to receive an alert when someone posts something new. You can also click on the link “watched threads” to find all threads that you are following. That link is closer to the top of the page (at least on my iPhone-it may be different on the pc laptop version)
Yup, I've been "watching" and commenting on this particular thread for years. If someone comments I'll get an alert. However, if I want to refer back to this thread and no one has commented in a while I have to search for it (and my memory doesn't serve me as well as it used to lol), plus when I click on Alerts only the past few days shows up. On the drop down screen wasn't there a "subscriptions" link? I see "conversations", but when I click on that it's all old conversations from like 2013 and previously. Not sure if that's when there was an update to this forum. Maybe because I'm on a Mac. Oh well, this isn't the place for me to be asking, just thought it was weird.

This thread is my lifeline for all things BLT!! :jumping1:

I am certainly not an expert on using this forum and this is probably my favourite thread as well!!

I can find it by clicking on watched threads and then there is a box that will show unread threads. Mine usually says “you do not have any watched threads that are unread”. Right below that is a small link that says “show all watched threads”. When I click on that a list comes up and I can easily find it (I don’t follow many).

There may be a simpler way and I look forward to hearing from others but this works for me!!

I have a standard 1br booked at BLT for the first week in May. We are paying cash and booked it through our Disney travel agent. What's a good room request for something that's quiet. Our son is a restless sleeper even with a sound machine. What should I ask for that could ensure a bit of peace and quiet. Nice views are great but something quiet is most important since my kid has insomnia issues. Thanks!

I have a standard 1br booked at BLT for the first week in May. We are paying cash and booked it through our Disney travel agent. What's a good room request for something that's quiet. Our son is a restless sleeper even with a sound machine. What should I ask for that could ensure a bit of peace and quiet. Nice views are great but something quiet is most important since my kid has insomnia issues. Thanks!
I’d request “high floor” or maybe “far from lobby” if fireworks would be a problem. Keep in mind that “standard” isn’t the same for cash rooms. You may be put in a Lake-view room on a standard cash reservation.

I’d request “high floor” or maybe “far from lobby” if fireworks would be a problem. Keep in mind that “standard” isn’t the same for cash rooms. You may be put in a Lake-view room on a standard cash reservation.

Thanks, this is helpful. Should I request anything like even or odd number or north, etc? Is a room with more of a lake view quieter than a parking lot/MK view room or will we still hear a good amount of noise from the electrical water pageant?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter