BLT prices

maybe the “contemporary” decor doesn’t seem as bland any more.

We certainly did not buy BLT for the theme and there are others I do like better. But with each new (to us) resort we stay, we conclude that we made the right decision to buy at BLT. I do love that we can venture out and stay at other resorts and I anticipate a purchase near EPCOT in the future, but for us BLT feels the most like home. :)

Last edited:
It's a theory of mine. I bought BLT because I like the contemporary modern theme and the location. VGF is a very nice resort, but it's not my style.

I just spot checked the last 4 deeds filed for BLT. Prices paid were $142, $135, $143, $128

We just bought back in July so I know what you're going through. We managed to pay 125 a point and I wasn't thrilled about it, but we had a big trip planned for Oct 2018 and I needed the points before the 11 month window so I paid what I felt like was a premium for a contract with all it's 2017+ points. In retrospect I got a pretty good deal considering what the market did and I'm glad I didn't wait any longer. On the other side of that coin if I would have bought in Jan/Feb 110 a point wouldn't have been out of the question.

I'm not sure what I would do right now. I'd probably wait and see what happens during/after the holidays and when dues come due. I don't know if listing prices will come down much, but I think folks will start dealing once their contract sits for a couple of weeks.

I am the $128/pp buyer....my contract closed early this week. I'm so glad to see that I paid less than what others have recently paid! This was the second BLT contract I had put an offer on....the first one would budge past $135/pp.

I wish the studios were bigger.

Just a friendly word of warning, as I'm seeing so many new DVC'ers buy for studio stays, that I strongly warn against the BLT studios for more than 1 or 2 people. Really, the 1 and 2 bedrooms there are great; but spend the extra points and stay at VGF or Poly for the studio if you're bringing the fam. Been there, done that... never again :(

Just a friendly word of warning, as I'm seeing so many new DVC'ers buy for studio stays, that I strongly warn against the BLT studios for more than 1 or 2 people. Really, the 1 and 2 bedrooms there are great; but spend the extra points and stay at VGF or Poly for the studio if you're bringing the fam. Been there, done that... never again :(

With a 2 and 4 year old in tow, I loved the studio. Sleeping space was tight, but having the kitchenette separate was a very nice feature. I would wake up before the kids, make my coffee without disturbing them and then enjoy my time on the balcony.
It is worth noting that I am comparing my experience to those in value and moderate rooms, though, and my opinion may change as I get more spoiled.

my opinion may change as I get more spoiled.

Haha! I have never been accused of Not being spoiled :) But with our family of 3 we like studios where the sofas can stay sofas OR kiddo can sleep on sofa bed in 1 br, and I still have room to move around. Maybe I'm just claustrophobic lol?

Haha! I have never been accused of Not being spoiled :) But with our family of 3 we like studios where the sofas can stay sofas OR kiddo can sleep on sofa bed in 1 br, and I still have room to move around. Maybe I'm just claustrophobic lol?

I hope to stay in the 1 BRs at BLT for the rest of my days as well. A king bed shared with my wife just sounds like a better time than a sleeper sofa shared with my son.
I was just pleased at how nice the studio setup was, though. Something that is not taken into consideration much when talking about the BLT studios is how nice the balconies are. That area became our informal dining room, adding a great deal to the usable space.

this is the one reason im thinking about VGF over of BLT.

this is the one reason im thinking about VGF over of BLT.

As a lifelong contemporary fan, I would still reccomend VGF to you, just due to there being a smaller supply of rooms there, so home resort advantage is so much more important there. I have no interest in that resort myself, but if you do want to stay there when you want to, I would say it is worth the minimal extra cost.

As a lifelong contemporary fan, I would still reccomend VGF to you, just due to there being a smaller supply of rooms there, so home resort advantage is so much more important there. I have no interest in that resort myself, but if you do want to stay there when you want to, I would say it is worth the minimal extra cost.
Yup, that's what we did. And can book BLT lake views pretty much any time our little hearts desire!

Yup, that's what we did. And can book BLT lake views pretty much any time our little hearts desire!

I totally agree with these points. At the time we bought, VGF was $40pp more. If they were priced about the same per point, we would have bought VGF. Also, because of the higher point cost of the VGF rooms, you would pretty much always have the opportunity and points to book BLT lake view in the same room size.

Also note - I was able to stalk my way to putting together a 5 night BLT 1BR standard stay over Presidents week at 4-6 months out. *And* by rookie mistake I just missed out on a 1BR BWV standard that same week, also at 7 months out. Yes we were very lucky, and I wouldn't expect to do that over Thanksgiving or Christmas, but if your dates are somewhat flexible and you're not set on the super hard to get times, it is doable.

I totally agree with these points. At the time we bought, VGF was $40pp more. If they were priced about the same per point, we would have bought VGF. Also, because of the higher point cost of the VGF rooms, you would pretty much always have the opportunity and points to book BLT lake view in the same room size.

Also note - I was able to stalk my way to putting together a 5 night BLT 1BR standard stay over Presidents week at 4-6 months out. *And* by rookie mistake I just missed out on a 1BR BWV standard that same week, also at 7 months out. Yes we were very lucky, and I wouldn't expect to do that over Thanksgiving or Christmas, but if your dates are somewhat flexible and you're not set on the super hard to get times, it is doable.

I imagine as new resorts continue to be added, and then sell out, standard availability outside of 7 months will quickly disappear. Right now people who are BLT owners can still fight for BCV and BWV, which are cheaper than BLT standard in some cases. Poly studios are also only a few more points than BLT ones and are currently pretty easy to get. This opens up BLT rooms to non-BLT owners. As people buy into CCV, they will join the fight for BCV and BWV, decreasing availability there and increasing demand for BLT standard. Poly selling out will put pressure on their studios, which will then trickle to pressure on BLT 1 BRs, especially the standard view.

I will be curious to see the point structure for Riviera. If it is high, then it will make BLT lake view rooms seem like an even better deal, increasing demand for those outside of 7 months as well. GFV will still sell out of rooms much faster than BLT, just due to its smaller size, but I see BLT as getting harder and harder to book the more DVC resorts get added. Of course, if they turn the garden wing of the Contemporary into another DVC resort, as has been rumored, then that would throw all of these predictions off.

We bought BLT in June from an international seller for $100pp which passed ROFR. I will say our broker told us that DVD will take them, international seller or not, if they want them. I think international sellers sometimes list lower because they don’t have to pay taxes on the “loss” they sustained if they sell for less than they bought. They get the 15% tax back, I believe. So they do the math and if they’re going to pay 15% in taxes on any gain, that means they would need a very substantial profit to avoid that tax.

Regarding the price increases, my guess is just location for BLT and less points per room. We own at VGF and BLT for different reasons. VGF is a nicer resort IMO, but BLT is walking distance to MK. We like to mix it up. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter