• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT/AKL split stay...a few questions

BWV2001

Mouseketeer
We have been DVC members since 2000 but have never stayed at BLT or AKL. In the room will be myself, my dh, our 16 yr old dd and 10 year old ds. We are used to staying in a regular hotel room when we travel, so please tell me we won't feel too crowded in the studio at BLT. I have read how small it is and I'm beginning to doubt my choice, although I really look forward to the monorail.

My next question...we are only staying 5 or 6 nights and we hope to split our stay at AK-Jambo in a savannah view room. Any suggestions for room requests at either place? And, silly as this may sound, how does the animal viewing from your balcony compare to the viewing of the animals while on the safari? I can't get a good feel for the proximity of the animals.

Any advice that comes to mind for either of these resorts would be great. In our 14 years of ownership, we've only stayed at BWV and BCV, so I'm very excited to try 2 new ones! :woohoo:

And finally, if VWL has availability, would you recommend this resort over either of the 2 I am currently considering? I hear it's being refurbished but I haven't seen any pictures...

Thanks in advance!!!

The rooms at BLT will feel WAY cramped for your group. DH and I (LOVE the resort) and it was juuuuuuuuuuust enough space for two adults in a studio. If we added even a small child to the mix it would have been way too small.

As for AKL, well, that's our second favorite! We had a great view of the animals on the savannah from our balcony. We were looking straight across the savannah at Kidani from our room at Jambo.

In summation, I would rethink that BLT room. Can you swing a 1 bedroom there?

Thanks, Jenassis. It's not that I can't swing a 1BR, it's a question of availability. I may consider waitlisting a 1 BR, though. I appreciate your advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter