• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Block Out Dates - Cast Member

BraveLittleToaster2

DIS Veteran
We are using Main entrance Passes and Complimentary guest passes for admission in July. I have noticed on Block-Out Dates for Disney that the entirety of June was blocked out for Magic Kingdom, it looks like July will be doing that too. Does that mean we will be unable to visit Magic Kingdom at all during our trip? Seems a bit drastic.

We still need to make park reservations, as my DH is a cast member. Any help would be appreciated before I need to make dining reservations.

I noticed on the theme park reservation page, that Comp tickets are NOT blacked out. Are those the free guest one day hopper tickets we get as employees?

Last edited:
Speaking as someone who has a MEP, if that is what the CM Blockout calendar is currently showing, you are correct. It could change.

We are using Main entrance Passes and Complimentary guest passes for admission in July. I have noticed on Block-Out Dates for Disney that the entirety of June was blocked out for Magic Kingdom, it looks like July will be doing that too. Does that mean we will be unable to visit Magic Kingdom at all during our trip? Seems a bit drastic.

We still need to make park reservations, as my DH is a cast member. Any help would be appreciated before I need to make dining reservations.

I noticed on the theme park reservation page, that Comp tickets are NOT blacked out. Are those the free guest one day hopper tickets we get as employees?
If you get the twice-a-year comp ticket distribution, those do not have blockout dates, so you could use those in June when MK is blocked (and potentially July). If you get the Chip-and-Dale guest tickets (so named because they literally have Chip and Dale on the top of the page), those are tied to your MEP and have the same blockout dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter