Birthdays at Disneyland

Kitty-chan

Cheese is always the answer
DH and I are considering a trip to DL for my 40th birthday. Unfortunately, we'll have to do this a couple weeks after my actual birthday.

I'm guessing that I wouldn't qualify for the "it's my birthday today" button, but somebody tell me if I'm wrong?

Also, what special sorts of birthday celebration things are available (free or not) in the parks or at DD? Not, of course, that being at DL wouldn't be special enough in its own right. :tink:

If you stay on site you get the button. If not, just check in to town hall in DL and they'll give you the sticker. It doesn't matter if it's your actual birthday or not. They don't question you. It really doesn't get you anything special other than a bunch of bday wishes from the CMs.

You get a pack of tortillas at the torilla factory in DCA! They won't ask for proof, though, just your sticker is enough!

You can CELEBRATE your birthday at Disneyland without it being your actual birthday. Just make sure you dont have a party or open your presents or anything on your real birthday and wait until you are at Disneyland. ;) (Just kidding!)

They dont ask for any proof that its your real birthday, so no worries. Have fun! And Happy Birthday!

We had lunch at the Blue Bayou on my actual birthday and they sang and brought out dessert - it was a chocolate mousse thing!

Just be sure not to wear your birthday sticker or button two days in a row. Some CMs get annoyed when you do that. Some are very nice about it. It's better to pick a day for your birthday to celebrate.

Kitty-chan said:
DH and I are considering a trip to DL for my 40th birthday. Unfortunately, we'll have to do this a couple weeks after my actual birthday.

I'm guessing that I wouldn't qualify for the "it's my birthday today" button, but somebody tell me if I'm wrong?

Also, what special sorts of birthday celebration things are available (free or not) in the parks or at DD? Not, of course, that being at DL wouldn't be special enough in its own right. :tink:

Go to the Disney Land Hotel and you can get a B-day button, They don't ask for your DOB.. i know this because i was just there Feb 5-8 for my sweet 16. You can also go to City Hall and get a B-day Sticker, I suggest not doing it for the keepsake.. the ink tends to run if you get it wet.
Hope that helps! :cheer2: Happy early B-day

Another thing is.. Cast Members say " HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" all day!
My friend and i rode the train (we sat in the front row) and one of the ladies that ran the train, anounced that i was celebrating my Sweet 16, and everyone sang Happy Birthday.
I thought that was sweet:)
At Goofy's Kitchen they will give you a b-day cupcake (only if you eat there, i believe)

This is all wonderful, thank you! I'm such a sap, I want to walk around DL all day and have CMs wish me happy birthday! I feel like I'm turning 10, just 30 years too late. :blush:

I'm also a stickler for detail, so I definitely wouldn't wear the birthday badge for more than one day. I feel weird about the idea of wearing it just a couple weeks late! But now I feel reassured and I'll do it. (I'm crossing my fingers here that we actually do make it to DL that month!)

Lunch at the Blue Bayou sounds magical. I was thinking I might do that, just DS and myself. DH is practically allergic to DL and so we might have my birthday celebration meal at DD or one of the hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter