Birthday dinner

king&queen53

Earning My Ears
We are seasoned Disney visitors and are looking for something unique to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. We have experienced much of what Disney offers, both resorts and park options and we are struggling for something different. We are looking for the experience, the memory....
Thanks in advance! Also, this is an all adult adventure.

You don't mention where you've been, but my suggestion would be HDDR. It's definitely "different" than, say, a signature to celebrate a meal. Music, corny jokes and they recognize all birthdays - we think it's a blast!

Or, if you are Star Wars fans, do The Void in DS followed by a good dinner. The Void is awesome! Easily one of the top 5 things I've ever done at WDW.

Or, how about a DIY monorail crawl? Start at Trader Sam's, visit Mizner's at GF and end with dinner at Cali Grill with fireworks?

HDDR was definitely on the short list. We've tried many restaurants and honestly the food at wdw has never impressed us that much. Sounds terrible, but true. Everything is good but I've never been wowed, with the exception of Olivia's and that's some basic food. Not a celebratory meal.

I also like the idea of a monorail crawl. I love trader Sam's.

Thanks for the insight.

Saana during lit hours with a window table. The food is fantastic and the potential "free" show from the animals on the savana is priceless. One of the best restaurants on property and a great experience.

If you want something really over the top I'd consider Victoria and Alberts or the Omakase at Morimoto

Have you tired the Dining with An Imagineer? I've done the experience a few times at Brown Derby ( although they also have it at Citricos ) and just loved it. It's a different experience each time because you get a different imagineer each time, who has worked on a different aspect of the parks ). The group is small - about 12-15 people - and we always found the conversation intriguing.

It is on the pricier side, but it's definitely fun and something different.

What about starting your evening with a wine tasting at AKL (Wednesday’s only though), then a dinner at Jiko and then a nighttime safari? That is definitely something a bit different if you haven’t done that yet.

Disney Springs also had a ton of great options, lots of new places too if you haven’t been impressed in the past. Morimoto Asia and The Boathouse come to mind. You could do some type of appetizer/drinks crawl as well.

Another special thing add at the end of the night could be a fireworks cruise!

Spice Road, we enjoy the food and wine, prefer to sit outside, beautiful at night. Music is piped outside and it’s by the water, late ADR’s afford you the Fire works experience. And then maybe California Grill Brunch for the morning after! Congrats 40 is awesome!

If you can afford it, Victoria and Alberts is amazing if you are a foodie.
Also big fans of California Grill, Jiko and Flying Fish, although I suspect you would have already tried those.
How about il Mulino at the Swan? Probably the best Italian restaurant at WDW.

Thank you for the responses. Italian is a hard sell for us bc we are old school italians. So nothing ever compares to old school. I think V&A is a good idea and we started to throw around the idea of the chef's table, if we can get reservations.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

Spice Road, we enjoy the food and wine, prefer to sit outside, beautiful at night. Music is piped outside and it’s by the water, late ADR’s afford you the Fire works experience. And then maybe California Grill Brunch for the morning after! Congrats 40 is awesome!
Brunch!!! I ♥️ that idea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter