Biggest regret

Domo

Wotcha
University. Not in going - failing to finish. I got pulled out on medical grounds. Twice. I never got the chance to graduate, friends by my side. I didn't even get to experience living in rented accomodation with others.

Experience lost.

Being risk averse - still am - sometimes I just want to take a risk - leap into the unknown - but it never happens.

Currently? Getting out of bed this morning. Kids were being a nightmare today. Usual? Not graduating college. i never finished because I couldn't decide what to major in and my mom wouldn't pay for me to go to a regular school. She wanted me to go to some super conservative christian college. I wasn't having it.

When I got out of the Navy in 82, I was in the middle of the growing silicon valley, they were hiring people in the navy , and what a great time to buy land, but i wanted to go home

I've always been one to take risks. I have made some big moves. Couldn't work for someone other than myself. Could always count on myself to dig my way out. I have no regrets. No way could I live a boring life. My cousin is the same. She moved the Mexico 30 years ago.

My grandmother was dying of brain cancer, and we were all supposed to go and see her and talk to her, but I just couldn't make myself go. She asked for me, and I wasn't there. She died a few days later. I learned a hard lesson in love and loss, and I will always feel terrible and disgusted with myself for not forcing myself to go and be with her.

My grandmother was dying of brain cancer, and we were all supposed to go and see her and talk to her, but I just couldn't make myself go. She asked for me, and I wasn't there. She died a few days later. I learned a hard lesson in love and loss, and I will always feel terrible and disgusted with myself for not forcing myself to go and be with her.
It's easy to see how you can regret that decision. But don't be too hard on yourself. At the time you just weren't able to face seeing her in that condition. I'm sure she understood.

On 4/7/18, I didn't roll over and go back to sleep. I'd seen the weather forecast the night before that there may be black ice in the morning. I should've stayed in bed.

Instead, apparently (I say "apparently" because I don't remember--this is based on what others have told me) I got up and was on my way to a church function when I slid on black ice on the interstate and crashed. I fractured my pelvis in multiple places, dislocated my hip and had internal bleeding. 2 surgeries, after which I had an infection in my hip and leg and had to go through 2 more procedures to clean out the infection. Oh, and nerve damage from the surgery (the surgeon says it will eventually recover, but it hasn't yet). 6 weeks in the hospital and a rehab facility, and I'm blessed to still be recovering, although it's a lot of work.

My goodness, why didn't I just roll over and go back to sleep....

I didn't get to say bye to a very close BIL back in '12. DH's side of the family kept downplaying how sick he was so when he died in the hospital I was so shocked and again disappointed that I didn't get to see him in his final days. :sad1:

Marrying my abusive, narcissistic, compulsive liar ex-husband. I lost 8 years, my life savings (literally), what little self esteem I had... :guilty:

Not encouraging my dad to go to the dr sooner for what he thought was gallstones. It was pancreatic cancer.

Regrets? I’ve had a few.

But then again, too few to mention.
....but at least you did it......YOUR WAY.

MV5BNTYzMzM2ODgzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTc5MzM2._V1_UY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter