Biergarten Tables - How Many Seats?

popsynic

DIS Veteran
I beleive Biergarten has fixed table sizes, and that you may be put with other parties. Can I ask how many seats each table has - is it 8 or 10?

Seems like some tables are even for 6.
Sometimes we have been seated with others. Sometimes not. Just depends on how busy they are. And really has never been an issue one way or another for us.

When we ate at Biergarten last, my family was seated at the only table for 4. It was to the far left as you face the stage. We were surprised to have a table to ourselves.
We still had a great view and did not have to sit with another family :thumbsup2.

We are a family of 6 and have always been seated at a table for 8. I have always felt bad for the couple that got seated with us. Don't get me wrong, the children are well behaved but the last place I would want to sit if I had no children is with a family of 6.

We are a family of 6 and have always been seated at a table for 8. I have always felt bad for the couple that got seated with us. Don't get me wrong, the children are well behaved but the last place I would want to sit if I had no children is with a family of 6.

this is the one thing that is keeping me from trying the biergarten. i'm afraid of getting stuck to a family with annoying kids or kids that stare at you while your eating. it would certainly take away from the experience of enjoying yourself.

this is the one thing that is keeping me from trying the biergarten. i'm afraid of getting stuck to a family with annoying kids or kids that stare at you while your eating. it would certainly take away from the experience of enjoying yourself.

That's a shame because the chances of that happening aren't that high. Most of the time, each subset of family keeps to themselves and only really interacts if the others want. the Biergarten is one of our favorite places and we only had one instance of a Debbie Downer couple. They just ate in silence and we ignored them. But we did make great friends with the other four people at the table which more than made up for the couple. Every other time has been a great experience.

That's a shame because the chances of that happening aren't that high. Most of the time, each subset of family keeps to themselves and only really interacts if the others want. the Biergarten is one of our favorite places and we only had one instance of a Debbie Downer couple. They just ate in silence and we ignored them. But we did make great friends with the other four people at the table which more than made up for the couple. Every other time has been a great experience.

Maybe one future trip I'll give we'll give it a try. And maybe just ask not to be seated next to any kids.

Maybe one future trip I'll give we'll give it a try. And maybe just ask not to be seated next to any kids.

1) They usually do not honor such a request.
2) The spirit of the hall is community.
3) Thus, they try to intermix as many as possible.
4) Besides, what if you are the first to be seated at the table.
5) A whole family could be seated with you after you settle in.

this is a mystery......last trip we had plans to meet some Dissers at beirgarten. us: a family of 2. them: a family of 7. they checked in first and were told they would not be able to seat us all at one table. (I thought that might be a problem, since we totalled 9 and the most I heard fit at one table is 8.) so then they sat the Winkers family at a table with 2 people already there! huh? so, we could have sat together anyway?
well, the winkers family was confused (as were we). we arrived, got sat, and found them up one tier and over a bit.
as far as sitting with strangers, well, that's kinda the point. the firsttime we ate there we were sat with a family with kids and we had a lot of fun. no, it's not a place to eat if you want a quiet, romantic dinner.

this is a mystery......last trip we had plans to meet some Dissers at beirgarten. us: a family of 2. them: a family of 7. they checked in first and were told they would not be able to seat us all at one table. (I thought that might be a problem, since we totalled 9 and the most I heard fit at one table is 8.) so then they sat the Winkers family at a table with 2 people already there! huh? so, we could have sat together anyway?
well, the winkers family was confused (as were we). we arrived, got sat, and found them up one tier and over a bit.
as far as sitting with strangers, well, that's kinda the point. the firsttime we ate there we were sat with a family with kids and we had a lot of fun. no, it's not a place to eat if you want a quiet, romantic dinner.

I'm going to be in a similar situation. We're a family of four, and I made an ADR for six because we have a couple from home who will be joining us for lunch. After I made the ADR for 6, the couple's two grown daughters decided to come to WDW too. They were able to get an ADR for 2 for the exact time I have an ADR for 6. Our plan is to walk up together (party of 6 plus a party of 2) and ask if it's possible to please share one table. I hope we can.

You never know when that couple is just travelling without their children and might feel more at home seeing kids at their table after missing their own though as well:) I want to try this resturant with DH when we go on our 10th Anniversary and since we have three small children, unless we get hit with flying food from the table, kids wouldn't be a problem at all and we always end up chatting with families at assigned tables like luau at the Poly.

5) A whole family could be seated with you after you settle in.[/
QUOTE]

that's true, another reason for me to stay away.:rotfl:

This is one of the reasons we love eating at the Biergarten. We have always had a great time meeting and interacting with other people.

It's quite enjoyable.

The couples that have been seated with us, have always been very friendly. A mix of locals and tourists. We have had some great conversations and were even given suggested places to visit on vacation.

The place is great, love the entertainment and the food selection. It is always a great place to go to but as someone already stated, it is not the place for a quiet, romantic dinner.

5) A whole family could be seated with you after you settle in.[/
QUOTE]

that's true, another reason for me to stay away.:rotfl:

Just when I thought you I had willing to give it try! Ignore that man behind the curtain!

Been there, done that. We have had acouple bad experiences with kids at our table and it does ruin the entire dining experience. My DH loves going there but I don't like it just because of the seating arrangements. When we go in the fall, I'm going to ask to not be seated with kids (regardless of what anyone says that they don't honor those requests). It never hurts to ask!!

Do they have tables for 10? We have a ressie for 10 in few weeks....I hope there is a table to accomodate us.:goodvibes

Been there, done that. We have had acouple bad experiences with kids at our table and it does ruin the entire dining experience. My DH loves going there but I don't like it just because of the seating arrangements. When we go in the fall, I'm going to ask to not be seated with kids (regardless of what anyone says that they don't honor those requests). It never hurts to ask!!

I'm going to be in a similar situation. We're a family of four, and I made an ADR for six because we have a couple from home who will be joining us for lunch. After I made the ADR for 6, the couple's two grown daughters decided to come to WDW too. They were able to get an ADR for 2 for the exact time I have an ADR for 6. Our plan is to walk up together (party of 6 plus a party of 2) and ask if it's possible to please share one table. I hope we can.

this is Smidgy, posting under hubby's name (sorry dear!)
raprie: you're right; it doesn't hurt to ask. at Teppan Edo the tables also seat 8. the 2 of us had the first possible ressie for lunch. a whole bunch of people were wiating, some with "rambunctious" kids. I was hoping not to be seated with them. there were also many adults. without asking, they sat, us with 3 other couples (no one knew each other), and sat the families with kids together.

pixiedust: maybe you should call disney dining and ask them if they can put a note on your ressie. or, better yet, call biegarten the day before or earlier that day and request the same.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest