Beware of a room ending in 17 at Copper Creek.

There is only one room I’m aware of to stay away from and that is the lone studio that has no balcony.

Which studio is that? We're staying at BRV in a studio in Sept and I'd like to try and avoid that one. Thanks.

Isn't it worded as check in is after 4PM for DVC? It was changed quite a few years ago. A pretty easy way to cover or not put full effort into having things ready by a designated hour but still, Disney gets to set the standard.

That is the wording, but we have to disagree on its meaning.
If it means: "room could be ready at any time after 4pm" then it doesn't make any sense to specify a time at all. After 1am would have the same meaning. Then just say: "checkin time not guaranteed".
And it doesn't mean "checkin won't ever be before 4pm" either, because with a bit of luck room can be ready earlier.

If it's "after 4pm" I think it's reasonable to expect the room to be ready in the vast majority of cases at the latest at 4pm, so at any time after 4pm I should be able to check in. We know anything could happen, but then I think the resort has a responsibility to make things right. Could be just offer a drink in the lounge while waiting a few minutes to a free dinner or a refund of some entity in case the wait is longer. And I know, this would come out of our dues, but if it happens too often then it would be an issue to raise with management to improve the mousekeeping process.

That is the wording, but we have to disagree on its meaning.
If it means: "room could be ready at any time after 4pm" then it doesn't make any sense to specify a time at all. After 1am would have the same meaning. Then just say: "checkin time not guaranteed".
And it doesn't mean "checkin won't ever be before 4pm" either, because with a bit of luck room can be ready earlier.

If it's "after 4pm" I think it's reasonable to expect the room to be ready in the vast majority of cases at the latest at 4pm, so at any time after 4pm I should be able to check in. We know anything could happen, but then I think the resort has a responsibility to make things right. Could be just offer a drink in the lounge while waiting a few minutes to a free dinner or a refund of some entity in case the wait is longer. And I know, this would come out of our dues, but if it happens too often then it would be an issue to raise with management to improve the mousekeeping process.

Overall, as I said, they still seem to strive for 4PM but they also don't have a "room guaranteed by" time. The wording likely was done to give the front desk personal something visible to point to with guests that complain when the room isn't ready by 4PM.

OP here, we were only staying one night and didn't want to bother with trying for another room. If we were staying a week and had our husbands with us, I think we would have gone back down to the desk and ask to wait for the original one since this one would have been too small for the four of us. We were tired and it seemed to take forever for the cm to get us into that one, we didn't want to wait till after 6:30, we wanted some dinner and head out to a park.

This unit was at the end of the hall and you could walk directly outside without stairs, but the balcony was not ground level.

I look at the check in after 4 as I would be lucky to get in before 4 pm but shouldn't expect it. At 5:30, when the cm said our room should be ready in another hour, that didn't sound too good. Should be, could be, could be not, oh no! We wanted to relax a bit and head out to a park.

OP here, we were only staying one night and didn't want to bother with trying for another room. If we were staying a week and had our husbands with us, I think we would have gone back down to the desk and ask to wait for the original one since this one would have been too small for the four of us. We were tired and it seemed to take forever for the cm to get us into that one, we didn't want to wait till after 6:30, we wanted some dinner and head out to a park.

This unit was at the end of the hall and you could walk directly outside without stairs, but the balcony was not ground level.

I look at the check in after 4 as I would be lucky to get in before 4 pm but shouldn't expect it. At 5:30, when the cm said our room should be ready in another hour, that didn't sound too good. Should be, could be, could be not, oh no! We wanted to relax a bit and head out to a park.
So you were there at 5:30 PM? Yeah, I think that's not acceptable. I don't care that policy is worded so loopholey for DVC with the check in 'after' 4pm crap. If check out is 11am, and they are sticklers about that, there is zero reason why empty rooms can't be all cleaned by 4pm, let alone 5:30 and 6:30 is bordering on the ridiculous. And with online check in, OP put 'early check in' so to me that means before 4. We once got our BWV room at 4:20. Another time at SSR we went back to desk at 4:00 to ask why we didn't get room ready text yet and CM told us it wasn't quite ready. But then, when we walked away, the text came. And just last week, at HHI, we arrived at 3:30 and our room wasn't ready and the system was down. Got all fixed and got room at like 4. Most other times it has been between 2:30-3:30 and a handful of times it was sooner than that. I don't mind 4:15-4:30, once in a while, but 5:30-6:30 would really tick me off.

Last edited:
Overall, as I said, they still seem to strive for 4PM but they also don't have a "room guaranteed by" time. The wording likely was done to give the front desk personal something visible to point to with guests that complain when the room isn't ready by 4PM.
And I would politely respond with something to the effect that I expect to my checkout to be made later by the same amount of time as I have to wait after 4 PM for my room to be ready. Sorry, but I am spending my points on the room, I expect to have the full amount of time I pay for.

Last edited:
One time we were told our AKL studio room would not be ready until about 6:00. It was about 3:45. We were told there were no other rooms available. This was years ago but they offered to get us something to eat and something to drink and the room was ready around 5:00. Annoyed me but turned out okay. I do think that is an exception not the norm.

Re check in time, lots of issues.
After 4pm could mean 2am. Many seem to be getting it very late.
MDE says 'Check in 4pm' so that isn't even consistent.
The Home Resort Rules and Regulations have been quietly amended to change the wording in most cases. It's about time DVCMC were open about this and told the member's what it's intentions are.
Interestingly though some resorts have NOT had the Home Resort Rules changed, or at least not on the documents members can download as current documents when logging onto MDE.
One of the resorts (forgotten which one) just 2 weeks ago someone reported said check in 3pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!