best way to book discounted stay

sddis

Earning My Ears
I see there is currently a 25% room discount and on nov 14th. there will be a 50% tickets discount. We stay at value resorts, so I think the tickets discount on Nov 14th will be better. But I dont want to get into the situation where there are no value resort rooms available on Nov 14th. So I was thinking the following.
I will book value resort today for my stay in late march. And don't buy tickets as I beleive the hotel is refundable but not the tickets.
Then on November 14th, I will check to see if the room I want is there and then use that discount if its better and cancel previous hotel booking. Otherwise, I will just keep the current 25% off room deal and buy tickets at full price.

Will that work? Also, what do I need to do on nov 14th to get the deal, do I need to call in at liek 5 am or something?

I have little kids, so I dont get value out of the dining, but if its discounted enough, it might be worth it. We want to stay at the park for 5 nights and get tickets for 4 days. We will be eating at the castle once. We wont do park hopping. I plan to get the genie. I am also planning on booking the plane tickets (refundable) now. I can only go that one week in march.

Go ahead and book the room you want at the discount you currently see. Once the next one drops you can go in and see if it's eligible to get the 2nd discount (not added, but instead) it's simple to do online without needing to call. Just open up the reservation, hit the change button and you'll see other offers that are available and you can pick one of those. If you need to add more to cover the "new" deposit it will prompt you to do that but if it's less, the amount you've paid will just stay on the account.

I do this all the time, as recently as yesterday after getting an Annual Pass, took maybe 5 minutes to save $300!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter