• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Best way from Fort Gordon to MCO?

tinkamom

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
We're going to WDW for Thanksgiving! DD is at Fort Gordon and will meet us there on the 26th so I'm trying to figure out the quickest and easiest way for her to get there.

I know there is a nearby airport but I don't know what airlines fly from it. I'm hoping that she will not have to go all the way to Atlanta since she thinks she will have drill at 5pm on the 26th. (I'm hoping they will get out early for the holiday!) Any suggestions? Ideas?

US Air out of Augusta is over $700!:scared1: And takes 5 hours! There has got to be a better way....I hope!

Atlanta is about 2 hours (driving) from Fort Gordon (my DH did AIT there). There is a travel office on post, maybe she could go by there and see if they can find her any cheaper rate offered to the military.

Atlanta is about 2 hours (driving) from Fort Gordon (my DH did AIT there). There is a travel office on post, maybe she could go by there and see if they can find her any cheaper rate offered to the military.

Thanks! I will pass this info on to her.

Also check the Columbia, SC airport. That is only a little over an hour from Augusta and no driving in Atlanta.

ATL is going to be your cheapest fares by far - especially the day before Thanksgiving. I have relatives that live just outside of Ft Gordon and they always drive to ATL to catch a flight. Any flight out Augusta is most likely going to go thru ATL anyway and cost more.

DD has decided she wants to drive. Does anyone know any shortcuts or tips?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter