Best use of FP+ - Expedition Everest or Dinosaur?

Deanie1

DIS Veteran
I would have thought EE except I am the only one who will ride it so I can do single rider. Or will it be better to get a FP+ for it and standby Dinosaur?

If you're the only one in your party riding EE but all of you want to ride Dinosaur then I think the obvious choice is get FP+ for Dinosaur and use the single rider line for EE.

Our party is just actually two of us. While I ride EE single rider, she can search out the Starbucks. I wonder who will get through the line up first? Is single rider usually quite a bit shorter than standby?

Our party is just actually two of us. While I ride EE single rider, she can search out the Starbucks. I wonder who will get through the line up first? Is single rider usually quite a bit shorter than standby?

Single rider is often just 5-15 minutes - a very quick wait.

My DS10 rode EE 4 times in a row using single rider in August. Unless you want to ride with someone or want to stick together as a family, there is no reason to FP+ EE.

Wow, that is great to know! Thanks so much. I knew I could depend on all my friends here on the DIS!

Yes i concur. My wife will not ride EE and I always go as a single rider. 15mins would be the longest I have waited and its normally much less than that. We then use our FP for Dinosaur.

Single Rider is definitely the way to go. Even when the standby line is 60 minutes, you're looking at maybe 10-15 at the most for single rider. That's the definite move. Doing the FP for Dinosaur is the right choice given that it's just two of you.

We've always had good luck with single rider at EE, especially early in the morning. That said, our last trip was Nov. 1-10 and on Nov. 8 or 9 (can't remember which) it was really crowded at AK and the single rider wait around 10 in the morning was something like 45 minutes so we skipped it.

I think of all the single rider lines, EE is the shortest wait of all. Like other posters have said, the wait will usually be 5-20 minutes max.

My sister rides EE while I usually just grab an ice cream and wait for her. Single Rider line usually takes 5-15 minutes depending on the wait time.

I don't think it really matters much. Our experience with both rides is that you can get fp's for them over and over later in the day after your first 3 fp's are used anyway. Which is how fp should function in an ideal world! But unfortunately doesn't work that way in most of the other parks for the headliners!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter