Best Stopover airport UK to Orlando

so much fun multiple posting... :rolleyes:

here's the mcnamara terminal map:
https://www.metroairport.com/terminals/maps/mcnamara-terminal

if you look at the map, you'll see references to concourses A, B and C..

that's what i meant by parallel terminals.....
the main concourse is A...that's where the indoor peoplemover is and most of the shops and food...
to get from concourse A to B and C, you walk through an underground tunnel - the entrance to it is from inside concourse A...

the only airlines that fly from B and C, as far as i know, are the smaller regional airlines (mostly subsidiaries of delta)...
although maybe i've been on a small delta plane that's also gone out of there - i no longer recall..
it's not a big deal if you have to get to those other two concourses...that tunnel is kind of strange and interesting..

Thanks so much for the VERY detailed reply. It sounds as though it will be the McNamara terminal as we’ll be on Delta for both the international and domestic flights (they are a Virgin partner airlines I can use my Virgin air-miles)

oh, then no question - you'll be going to mcnamara - i really like that terminal...nice and clean...
just pay attention if you have to move to concourse b or c for the domestic part...

i usually enjoy my delta flights, though every now and then i get a bad crew, but all in all i'd say they're at least as good as the other america based airlines, and better than most...

I must be missing something. I believe Norwegian Air has very cheap flights Gatwick to Orlando direct. We have flown Oslo Orlando direct and like the airlines. Upgrades are also cheap and they have online bidding for upgrades if you want to take the chance you can upgrade at an even lower price. They are great with kids.

I must be missing something. I believe Norwegian Air has very cheap flights Gatwick to Orlando direct. We have flown Oslo Orlando direct and like the airlines. Upgrades are also cheap and they have online bidding for upgrades if you want to take the chance you can upgrade at an even lower price. They are great with kids.
They are cheap base price, but often once you add, luggage, meal, etc it can be as much as other airlines.

BA have some great deals at the moment for this year. Booked our September trip in the Sale for around £800 all in for 2 adults and an infant with own seat.

They are cheap base price, but often once you add, luggage, meal, etc it can be as much as other airlines.

BA have some great deals at the moment for this year. Booked our September trip in the Sale for around £800 all in for 2 adults and an infant with own seat.
I just checked fares at Norwegian and cheapest bare bones fare round trip Gatwick Orlando right now is $368 so 289GBP. The fare that includes checked bag and carry on and carry on personal item and two meals onboard is $549 or 431GBP. These fares are considerably lower than BA’s 800GBP and for a family of four then considerable savings. With Norwegian you get what you pay for no more and no less and you can fly very cheaply if that is your priority.

Apparently the founder was a Norwegian fighter pilot and now they compete successfully against subsidized SAS. I like their business model-you get what you pay for.

Sorry Jon84! I just read more carefully and 800GBP all in for three is a good price.

Sorry Jon84! I just read more carefully and 800GBP all in for three is a good price.
No worries :)

With BA and Virgin, it's all about when you book that gets you the best price. Right place, right time, as they say!

last UK trip flew Orlando to Gatwick non stop on Norwegian Air

even opting for their premium class (larger seats, more leg room, meals and drinks) cost WAY LESS then anything else we saw

have used Nor' for last several trips: England, Olso, Copen' ..... no complaints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter