Best spots for taking pics of MK fireworks?

HuggaBaloo

<font color=660066>Bear necessities...
I bought a new digital camera a few months ago and have been looking forward to taking some great pics of WDW during our mid-November trip, specifically of the Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks at MK. But, I most likely will not be able to actually be IN the park on either of the two nights they're having the displays (Tuesday at 6:15 p.m. and Saturday at 8 p.m.). :(

So, my question to all you shutterbugs out there is: Where are the best places OUTSIDE of the park where you can still get some good pics of the fireworks?

Also, will it be dark enough in mid-November for the 6:15 p.m. Tuesday show, or should I shoot (bad pun intended) for the 8 p.m. Saturday show?

Thanks in advance for any tips you have!

My first reaction, before reading your complete post, was to suggest the bridge between Tomorrowland and Main Street. I took pictures there several years ago that were awesome.

I'm assuming that you have the proper equipment for taking these photos. You'll definitely need a tripod to keep the camera steady, and you'll need to keep the lense open long enough to let some light in.

I also got wonderful pictures of Illuminations on that trip. I haven't wanted to lug my tripod in since, though, even though I left it in a locker until I needed it.

If you're not going into the park, the observation deck on the top of the contemporary worked well for us.

-Joe

The Polynesian Beach is by far the best place to view Fantasy In The Sky from. But the castle is far away. You would need a camera with a good zoom to get good pictures. I used a Canon Rebel with a 300mm lens and they came out great.

crzy4dsny,
what speed film did you use. Did you take any pictures of the night parade. I just got the same camera and I can not wait to use it there.

I would say the observation deck at the contemporary. You are like eye level with the fireworks and usually there are very few people around, especially in Nov. We got awesome video of it there in Nov. Good luck!

The Contemporary Resort's Observation deck will only be available to those dining at the California Grill or attending private functions there.I believe this was effective Oct 4.They are setting up an area on the 4th floor for viewing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter