Best place to exchange currency Gold Coast Australia?

orion2185

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

wondering if there are any fellow Gold Coast diser's here??

Or, guess my question can apply to anyone in Australia...

where have you found to be the best place to exchange AUD for USD?
(ie where do you get the best exchange rate?)

thanks

We use Crown currency exchange. I believe there is one at Pacific Fair? There is definitely one at Harbour Town :p They always seem to have the best rate and have no fees.

I was always told that you should use the bank as it was the best. That has now changed. I was even told buy the bank to go and check travel oz as they had no fees and a better rate. My bank wanted to charge me an $8 fee and their rate was worse than travel oz.
They seem to have shops in Queensland at pacific fair.
I am not sure if this is the standard but they offered a guarantee that if the rate changed in your favour within a certain time they would refund you the difference.

I have always actually got the best rate at the Post office (Australia Post). But you do need to order it. I used to go to the currency exchange that was inside at the Westpac Bank in Surfers, but it closed not long ago and was replaced with a machine. I'd look at Australia Post.

Thanks everyone.

Looks like Travel Oz beats the Australia Post for a better exchange rate.
In addition, (believe it or not) our bank offers a better exchange rate than Australia Post.

Not sure about the Crown Currency as you have to request a quote (rate is not posted online).

Will keep you update (if we remember) on who had the best rate.

Thanks again!

I'm not from the Gold Coast but I've found that ordering my currency online through Travelex usually has the best rates rather than the walk in rates at any bank or currency exchange. It is a fairly quick process to order it and choose your collection date.

Personally I like to go with the no international fees credit card options more than cash where possible this provides much better rates and for one that I have I earn rewards points.

I pop into crown at Harbour Town because it's close so i can walk by and see the rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts