Best Kingdom Lunch Voucher Deal

KHuntress

<font color=CC99CC>Has terrible Tag envy!!!<br><fo
Okay budget gurus -- I want your BEST info. Please let me know about the best deals you have gotten using Kingdom Lunch Vouchers IN THE PARKS. Please let me know what you've ordered and if you've shared your meals.

I have looked at menus on WDWIG (infact, I have created a whole spreadsheet), but just seeing the names doesnt give all the info.

I'm trying to fiqure this out as well. Seems like you can do a little better than $35.00 at 50's Prime Time. I just got two of these and plan to use one at Rainforest.

In March of this year, we used 6 Kingdom Vouchers for our family of four. 2 each at RFC, Brown Derby and Alfredo di Roma. We were very pleased with all of these restaurants and the quantity of food we received with the vouchers. I was a bit worried because I have 3 big eaters, dh, 40, sons 18 & 11. At RFC we ordered the Awesome appetizer, 2 surf & turfs, and a volcano for dessert and this was more than enough food for us all. This was about $130 worth of food for $60.

At Brown Derby, we ordered the steamed clams, ravioli for the appetizer, cobb salad with chicken and steak with skewer of shrimp for the main course and creme brulee and the mousse for dessert. This was not as good a deal as the RFC, we received about $80 food for the $60 vouchers but we were pleased with the presentation and quality of the food. The portion sizes were much smaller also. All in all a good value.

Alfredo di Roma was my family's favorite meal this trip and turned out to be a good deal. We ordered the calamari (large) and the antipasto (also the large portion) for appetizers, the main courses were the sampler plate and the chicken parmigiana, with two sampler desserts. Our bill was around $130, paying on the $60 vouchers.

We were pleased with all of the locations that we ate and all restuaurants were more than happy to split food portions for us. We will use the vouchers again.

Went in Feb. and used 2 at Le Cellier and Mama Melrose.
Here is what I ordered...

Le Cellier:
Asian Shrimp Cocktail 8.99
New York Strip 17.99
100 Year Cake 5.99?
Mineral Water ? TOTAL WAS ABOUT AROUND 35.00
Extremely good!

Mama Melrose:
Portobello Mushroom 5.99
Grilled Filet of Beef 20.99
Chocolate Cake? 6.00?
Mineral Water 3.00? TOTAL WAS ABOUT 38.00?

Not the best deals availbale but very good food. I rate Mama Melrose slightly above Le Cellier. I love going to different restaurant each time and trying to work my way down the list. I do want to try the RF in AK. I here these are the best deals availbale because there is no difference between the lunch and dinner menu. We going again in Oct. so I will start planing my list!!!!
:bounce:

I am going to get 2 of the KLV to try this next trip. It will just be myself and my 9 yr old
grandson that doesn' eat very much. Would we be
able to split a meal at RF at AK? If you have
done this, what would you suggest that we order?
Where would another good place be for using the
other voucher? I have used the Q&C vouchers and
had so much fun with them. The KLV ones will be
a new exp. and I don't want make a mistake while
using them. Thanks

MRFORD -

It looks like you didn't figure in tax and tip in your totals so you saved even more.

At RFC, did you get the Primal Steak and 1-1/2 pound stuffed lobster? Were they good?

At RFC, did you get the Primal Steak and 1-1/2 pound stuffed lobster? Were they good?

We get that and it was very good! Sometimes we switch the stuffed lobster for coconut shrimp (you get a lot more than if you get the shrimp and steak)..yummy!!

I'm new. Please forgive. What is a kingdom lunch voucher? Sounds like I gotta get me some.

I would like to try some vouchers on our upcoming trip.

What's the best place to use them in each park?
Does it pay to use them in any of the resorts for dining?

We will be doing mostly sit down lunches, and counter service for dinners (4 adults, 4 kids). I'm figuring on splitting 4-5 vouchers per meal. Am I even close?

It seems some of you really come out ahead! I'm looking to learn a few tips from you!

I have used them at Le Cellier, Concourse Steakhouse, and RFC and found them all to be a great value. Just be warned at Le Cellier, they interpret them differant for the kids, than the others. My dd was not "entitled" to an appetizer. We wound up just paying for her kids meal.

Another thing worth mentioning is they are a good value provided you are not going out of your way to get a meal. I mean if you are in MK and need to get over to Epcot just to save a few dollars for lunch its really not worth it. But if its someplace you will be eating at regardless, than they can be worthwile.

We will be staying at CSR next week, and I am loaded for bear with my Q&C vouchers;) My 2 kids love steak, and for $11.00 they can share the ribeye dinner and have more than enough.

I personally have never had any problems with connections or using the vouchers. I even buy the breakfast ones as a way to prepay some meals and have always come out ahead at least by a few$$.

Just another note about Le Cellier and the kids' vouchers. Before our May trip I had read some reports of kids not being allowed an appetizer from the adult menu. When we presented the vouchers to our waitress (before ordering) I did not mention this but waited to see what she said. This was the first time she had seen a voucher and so she went off to discuss them with her manager. When she returned she told me that the child voucher included an appetizer but they did not offer children's appetizers so we could choose one off of the adult menu. I was happily surprised and DD11 and DS8 enjoyed sharing their Asian Shrimp Cocktail.

This is great news that LeCellier is letting kids get an a appetizer with the kids lunch voucher!

Originally posted by KHuntress
I understand only AK uses the vouchers.

Those are a different type of voucher. The AK vouchers are bought inside the park. The Q&C vouchers are ordered prior to your trip, and include many different restaurants within "the World". Hope that makes sense!:)

Ok, I'm somewhat confused about the Rain Forest Cafe. I understand there are two--one in AK and one at DTD. Are the Connections vouchers good at RFC at both places?

Originally posted by vhoffman
Ok, I'm somewhat confused about the Rain Forest Cafe. I understand there are two--one in AK and one at DTD. Are the Connections vouchers good at RFC at both places?

No, the connections vouchers are good at many locations, but the only the connections vacation kingdom premium lunch vouchers can be used at the RFC-AK and the Quick/Casual cannot. Neither are good at the DTD-AK.

The AK also sells its own vouchers at the park, and they are close in price to the connections vouchers, and good for lunch as well, but not at RFC. With these, you also get a ticket for soda or water and an ice cream or popcorn to use after your lunch. They are a very good deal, but again, have nothing to do with connections. Does this clear it up?

:)

Originally posted by MOMTOMOOTOO

We will be staying at CSR next week, and I am loaded for bear with my Q&C vouchers;) My 2 kids love steak, and for $11.00 they can share the ribeye dinner and have more than enough.

Where can you get the rib eye dinner that you spoke of above?

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest