Best grocery delivery service??

Which grocery delivery service does not require you to be there to receive the delivery? We are arriving at midnight at the resort and would prefer to grocery to be there waiting for us vs needing to find time to meet them. Also, if we have to be there, would they deliver earlier in the morning, like 9AM?

We're planning on using WalMart and we don't arrive until about 6 pm, so we will happily wait for it and rest!

Please let us know how Walmart delivery works out. This is the first negative review I have seen.
We ordered Walmart last week and never got the order. Called and left a message. Finally day three got an email the order was cancelled.

We used Garden Grocer in July and I'm not sure I would do it again. Bread was squashed under the other groceries and I thought it was pretty pricey for what we got. I haven't used anyone else yet so not sure how it compares with Amazon or someone else.

Which grocery delivery service does not require you to be there to receive the delivery? We are arriving at midnight at the resort and would prefer to grocery to be there waiting for us vs needing to find time to meet them. Also, if we have to be there, would they deliver earlier in the morning, like 9AM?
You do not have to be there for an Instacart delivery unless you order alcohol. We have used this service twice and had the same shopper both times (a year apart), absolutely love them.. We've used Wego Shop in the past and would never use them again.

Wal-Mart wouldn’t deliver to Bay Lake Tower for me in August, same address as Contemporary I believe. Set up an account with them a couple of months prior and at that time doing a dry run cart without actually ordering it looked like I could use them but when I tried to order for my trip it said 4600 N World Drive was pickup only. Really wanted to use them and would if given the option due to their pricing and selection, if I had a problem delivery I might change my mind. Ended up with Amazon Prime Now, very happy with the delivery and the prices were fair but not Wal-Mart cheap. The only issue was selection, many fresh items likes fruits and veggies went in and out of availability so I was limited to what they had at the time of my order. The actual ease of ordering was awesome, I did it on my phone on the Magical Express.

Walmart uses a third party to deliver groceries (DoorDash) and their grocery service was plagued with problems when I used them on my most recent trip.

They failed to deliver on the date of delivery with no explanation; the status on the order was forever in the "processing" state and they were closed when I attempted to call to find out where my order was. The next day when I got them on the phone, they refused to deliver to the resort without my being physically there. I explained that I was at a resort hotel (BCV) with bell service that will receive all of my groceries. No-go. Apparently their policy is that you have to be there to receive the groceries regardless of whether or not you order alcohol (which I hadn't).

When their driver shows up, he calls asking if I could go out to the main gate to receive my groceries. Not the lobby, but the main gate to get onto property. Apparently he didn't have his driver's license so the resort (rightfully so) refused to let him in. The hotel manager called the main gate and asked him to go ahead and let the guy in.

After all this, they replaced several 6 out of 51 items with what they decided were "comparable." Normally I wouldn't have a problem with this, but sugar-free Halo-Top vanilla ice cream is no substitute for diabetic-coma-inducing Haagen Dazs. Additionally, they left off 4 other items that weren't in stock.

Overall just a terrible experience. The irony? I went with Walmart because Amazon Prime Fresh was out-of-stock for my Haagen Dazs... I felt like one of those teenagers in that Final Destination movie.
Omgosh, I laughed so much at the end of this!! Not at your experience, of course! Final Destination! Bahaha!! But seriously, the Haagen Dazs situation is truly tragic! Grrrrr

We have used Garden Grocery and Amazon. GG was really good, but had a high minimal cost, and were not cheap. Amazon, I was Leary of buying any perishables.

We used Prime Now at OKW in June and had a great experience. We ordered everything from produce to water to boxed wine. We also ordered milk and frozen waffles - both were cold upon delivery. I will probably use them again next summer.
we always have a car, however I have heard many good things about publix as well, and publix brands are darn good . they also have a organic brand called Greenwise that doesn't break the bank.and the fried chicken... gets the OMG eye roll. so good.

After reading many post both here and on FB I decided on Dizzy Dolphin. I had it down to Amazon Prime Now and them. We had in the past used GG and did not have any real issues but price. So far so good and we are making our list now and the Dizzy Dolphin people have been great..ºoº...smjj

Just used Instacart on a delivery to BCV on Monday. Fair prices, easy to use site, delivery made to bell services and didn’t have to be there. Would definitely use them again.

We also used Instacart last month.
I ordered food and then another alcohol order on the same day for same delivery time/day, both from Publix. The first food order came but I never saw any communication regarding the alcohol.

I called and the person answered said they saw it was on its way. When I waited another 1-2 hours, I called again and someone else took about 10-15 minutes
to try to figure out that no one had ever taken my order and it was too late and they would deliver the next day (we had an early park day). They said they would give me a $10 credit for my next order or deduct $10 off my order for my trouble. I scheduled my alcohol for when we would be back for a break.

I had to be there for my alcohol delivery and had to show ID.

Given above, I would order from them again and plan to do so in January.

Please let us know how Walmart delivery works out. This is the first negative review I have seen.

We used Walmart in July and they cancelled the order at 2am in the morning when we were on our flight. Didn't get any email message until 9:00am they were suppose to deliver at 10am. Was 10 days worth of food, diapers, household items. It was hell going to the grocery store to get everything we needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!