Best grocery delivery service??

charminnie

Mouseketeer
In the past I have used Garden Grocer but have read posts about bad experiences with them. Who are you using now??

Boy, the $64,000 question. We have used GG several times and not really had an issue with them except for the prices. This time I actually read post after post here and on FB and decided on Dizzy Dolphin and not for any one reason. After many good reviews for both Amazon Prime Now and Dizzy Dolphin we decided on them(Dizzy Dolphin) and so far making my list and having them keep me updated with a current running total we are very happy with them..ºoº..smjj

Amazon prime now worked well for us too @ Poly in August. Appreciated that the cold items were put in refrigerated section by hotel staff. No issues on my end.

Will say the paper bags can be a bit of problem, according to bellman, as the ones with bottled six pack of tea sweat and tear thru them often.

Used Garden Grocer, fine service, but expensive and very limited.
Used WeGoShop.....not good
Used Amazon Prime Now a couple times. It was great, but again limited items
This time we are going to try WalMart

This time we are going to try WalMart
Walmart uses a third party to deliver groceries (DoorDash) and their grocery service was plagued with problems when I used them on my most recent trip.

They failed to deliver on the date of delivery with no explanation; the status on the order was forever in the "processing" state and they were closed when I attempted to call to find out where my order was. The next day when I got them on the phone, they refused to deliver to the resort without my being physically there. I explained that I was at a resort hotel (BCV) with bell service that will receive all of my groceries. No-go. Apparently their policy is that you have to be there to receive the groceries regardless of whether or not you order alcohol (which I hadn't).

When their driver shows up, he calls asking if I could go out to the main gate to receive my groceries. Not the lobby, but the main gate to get onto property. Apparently he didn't have his driver's license so the resort (rightfully so) refused to let him in. The hotel manager called the main gate and asked him to go ahead and let the guy in.

After all this, they replaced several 6 out of 51 items with what they decided were "comparable." Normally I wouldn't have a problem with this, but sugar-free Halo-Top vanilla ice cream is no substitute for diabetic-coma-inducing Haagen Dazs. Additionally, they left off 4 other items that weren't in stock.

Overall just a terrible experience. The irony? I went with Walmart because Amazon Prime Fresh was out-of-stock for my Haagen Dazs... I felt like one of those teenagers in that Final Destination movie.

Walmart uses a third party to deliver groceries (DoorDash) and their grocery service was plagued with problems when I used them on my most recent trip.

They failed to deliver on the date of delivery with no explanation; the status on the order was forever in the "processing" state and they were closed when I attempted to call to find out where my order was. The next day when I got them on the phone, they refused to deliver to the resort without my being physically there. I explained that I was at a resort hotel (BCV) with bell service that will receive all of my groceries. No-go. Apparently their policy is that you have to be there to receive the groceries regardless of whether or not you order alcohol (which I hadn't).

When their driver shows up, he calls asking if I could go out to the main gate to receive my groceries. Not the lobby, but the main gate to get onto property. Apparently he didn't have his driver's license so the resort (rightfully so) refused to let him in. The hotel manager called the main gate and asked him to go ahead and let the guy in.

After all this, they replaced several 6 out of 51 items with what they decided were "comparable." Normally I wouldn't have a problem with this, but sugar-free Halo-Top vanilla ice cream is no substitute for diabetic-coma-inducing Haagen Dazs. Additionally, they left off 4 other items that weren't in stock.

Overall just a terrible experience. The irony? I went with Walmart because Amazon Prime Fresh was out-of-stock for my Haagen Dazs... I felt like one of those teenagers in that Final Destination movie.

Hope that doesn't happen....but I haven't been happy with the rest either.
We will have quite a big order.....7 people. Hope all goes well.
A better alternative? That has a good selection for various food restrictions and young kids?

Hope that doesn't happen....but I haven't been happy with the rest either.
We will have quite a big order.....7 people. Hope all goes well.
A better alternative? That has a good selection for various food restrictions and young kids?
Please let us know how Walmart delivery works out. This is the first negative review I have seen.

We used Prime Now at OKW in June and had a great experience. We ordered everything from produce to water to boxed wine. We also ordered milk and frozen waffles - both were cold upon delivery. I will probably use them again next summer.

We've used Prime Now for our last two trips. Ordered a day or two before and scheduled time window for delivery. Worked perfectly both times. But, as a PP said, there's a limited selection. So it depends on what you're ordering.

We've never had a bad experience with Garden Grocers. Always delivered on requested day to guest services who kept things cold. Only issue is prices and limited selections.

I hear good things about Dizzy Dolphin but the issue I have with them is the inability to browse products and prices on their website. You must submit a list of items you want then they email you back with a list of prices and availability. If a price or selection isn't what you want you must send a new list...back and forth until you have the items you want with acceptable prices.

In the past I've heard that Safeway is a better choice. Anyone have recent experience with them?

Last edited:
We've never had a bad experience with Garden Grocers. Always delivered on requested day to guest services who kept things cold. Only issue is prices and limited selections.

In the past I've heard that Safeway is a better choice. Anyone have recent experience with them?
Safeway no longer delivers. I believe the store is either closed or closing.

First negative I have read too......we do plan to still use them.
I had read only good reviews as well, which is why I didn't think twice about using them in place of Amazon. Maybe I was unlucky. I'm sure your DoorDash delivery guy will have his license on him, so that's one thing you won't have to deal with.

I will say that having to be present to receive my groceries even though bell services is equipped to receive groceries is annoying. You tip the DoorDash guy. You tip the bell service receiving your groceries. You tip the guy who actually brings it up to your room later because they're backed up with people checking in. All this on top of a $9.95 delivery fee.

After reading and reading we decided on Dizzy Dolphin and we are making out our list as I write this. So far they are great to work with and no issue. One small problem with the beer and wine order but quickly resolved. In the past we used Garden Grocer but they are expensive and we wanted to try another service..ºoº...smjj

We used Publix Instacart in June. I liked the service. When the type of pretzel we wanted wasn't available, the shopper texted me to ask if a different one was acceptable.

We used Instacart on 9/11. I like Publix so it worked out well for us. They sent me a message on the app when they were shopping & when they finished. I also received a message with an approximate time for pick up. Then a message that he’d arrive in 5 minutes. I had to move quickly, as he was about 15 minutes earlier than the first text indicated. Everything was included in my order. I had to leave it with bell services since it was too much for me to carry and then had them deliver it to the room. That all made it a little pricier than I had planned, but it was a nice time saver. I would use them again. They did deliver alcohol & I did have to show my id.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter