Best/easiest way to make room request?

TheMick424

DIS Veteran
In your opinion, what is the best way to make a room request for an upcoming DVC stay? I’ve seen various options including online check-in, phone, fax, but can you e-mail? WWYD?

I send an email via the member website. DVC has asked members not to bother faxing in requests since they usually just toss them in the trash. You might also try using Chat on the member website.

I always use touringplans.com and they fax in the request three or five days prior to arrival, I dont remember. I have been doing it for many years and ALWAYS get my requested room, with the exception of last week when I got the room next door to what I requested. I did notice, though, the room next door was occupied until about three days after our arrival.

In addition to above, I also call a couple of days prior and the CM makes a note and tells me they also see my TP request. Last week, when I called, and the CM repeated my very exact request from TP, I said said “sorry, I know it sounds silly and she said “no, we appreciate when guests are very specific and it helps us”. Dont know if she was trying to be nice but like I said, we always get exactly or next door to what we requested.

Good luck.

I sent an e-mail using the dvc member site today. I haven’t received any confirmation it was received, but I’m thinking it may take some time.

It’s been a few months, but IIRC I’ve received an acknowledgment of some kind within a day and a real answer a day or two later.

It’s been a few months, but IIRC I’ve received an acknowledgment of some kind within a day and a real answer a day or two later.
I sent an e-mail using the dvc member site today. I haven’t received any confirmation it was received, but I’m thinking it may take some time.
If you haven't gotten a response in a few days, email again.

I will definitely do that. I also used the site to e-mail about my membership last week and it took them until yesterday to call me back. Not sure whether there was a delay in their system or they were intentionally delaying to cause a sense of urgency to purchase.

Do you send the email when you make your reservation or closer to your trip? Also, is there a room request form on the DVC site or do you mean that you just email Member Services generally to make the request? I used to just input a request when I did the online checkin, but that doesn't seem to be an option anymore.

Thanks,
Laurie

Do you send the email when you make your reservation or closer to your trip? Also, is there a room request form on the DVC site or do you mean that you just email Member Services generally to make the request? I used to just input a request when I did the online checkin, but that doesn't seem to be an option anymore.

Thanks,
Laurie

I send an email via the DVC Member website Contact Us link, as soon as our plans are firm (usually when we reserve). Back in the day requests were filled “first come, first served” so no benefit to waiting.

Call, chat or email your request. Don't put in any requests on your on line check in. You will override what you told them earlier and there don't seem to be as many options on the online check in section anyway. Don't expect a specific room request to be available. You should be more general, like top floor, or certain side or section of building. Some resorts seem to be able to fulfill requests more often that others.

I go to the resort knowing I have a room and not with high hopes of getting exactly where I want, that way I am pleasantly surprised when a request is granted.

Just an update that I received an e-mail today confirming that they received my request and have noted it on my reservation (along with the standard disclaimer that they can't make any promises it will be honored). So overall turnaround time of 4 business days using the e-mail feature on the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter