Best DP CS Breakfasts??

SlightlyGoofy

<font color=green>I shall be forced to take you on
Hi, I was going over our schedule and see that some of our dinners are going to be fairly early so it occured to me that maybe having a late breakfast instead of lunch might be a good idea.

Could you suggest the best DP CS breakfasts in and out of the parks? Also am I correct that if you get breakfast you do not get a dessert?

Thank you all for helping me so much with my planning. I could never do it alone. :love:

Slightly Goofy

I would like to know this too. DH and I are thinking of sharing breakfast, so I am looking for the best CS places.

Disney Girl, I guess there must not be any good CS breakfast places from the non responses. :listen:

All I have come up with, on my own, is to use a snack credit for a roll to have in the morning with our refillable mug drinks or Tusker House breakfast at AK, Commisary at MGM, Sunshine Seasons ?? at EPCOT or at our resort before going to MK since I do not find a CS breakfast there. I do remember seeing something near the Castle one time though.

I may make a grocery stop for some fresh fruit to have for breakfast as there is usually a shortage of that unless it is chocolate covered and everyone knows that negates any possible health benefits it might have otherwise given. :rotfl2:

Slightly Goofy

I just read that you can get two baked items at the Main St. Bakery in MK and baked items at the Boardwalk Bakery.

Hope that helps!

We usually don't use our DDP credits for breakfast. We like to get a quick start in the a.m. :cool1: We either eat cereal in the room or toast our bagels or toast in the food court. My DD6 usually eats one of those small cereal boxes dry in the car or in the park. She likes her cereal dry. :goodvibes

This year with the change in the snack credits we probably will use some of our credits to grab some pastries on the run. (Oh and some of those Entemman (sp?) donuts.)

What my DH and I did was share a CS meal from the food court at the hotel, and then share a CS lunch in the parks. It worked out great, and we used our snack credits for water and mickey bars. That waywe were not over full from a big CS lunch each, and really enjoyed all of our TS meals.

What I've read about the DDP option for breakfasts is:

You get - entree, drink, and juice. The juice basically substitutes for the dessert.

Now what those entrees are is where the confusion usually starts. If you get a breakfast platter, that's an entree, and you can get coffee and juice with it.

But if you want cereal, I've heard that cereal and milk counts as an entree, so you get cereal, milk, juice, and coffee. I've also heard that people have been told you CAN'T get cereal with a CS credit.

For our free dining trip, I'm planning on getting two breakfast platters (probably one egg based and one pancake based), and splitting it between 4 of us. My mom and i will drink the hot drinks and the kids will drink the juice. And I'll have poptarts and bagels in the room, just in case!

We used some CS credits for mickey waffle platters at CBR... (since BW has no food court) We loved them and usually got a fruit bowl to split for an extra snack credit.

One morning i just had a fruit bowl and muffin for 2 snack credits since we found we weren't usuing them fast enough.

I used one CS credit for the adult breakfast platter at our food court and it fed me, DS, and DD! It had eggs, bacon, potatoes and a biscuit. I used a snack credit to get DH a chocolate croissant since he's not a bacon and eggs person, so basically breakfast for family of 4 for 1 CS and 1 snack credit. DH and I had refillable mugs for our drinks and the chocolate milk was plenty for both of the kids.

Hands down our best (and most $$$) DDP cs breakfast was Wolfgang Puck express! DH had cornflake french toast w. berries, and I had a huge breakfast pizza (applewood fired and SUPERIOR), second fav would be Tusker house at AK! Great breakfast at both!!!

Would a breakfast sandwich or a breakfast wrap at Mara at AKL be considered as an entree?

sammax, your idea might work for us. My hubby is the big eater and loves breakfast while I do not. I can see myself eating a bit of the scrambled egg and a piece of meat and leaving all the carbs and such for him. lol

It is so wonderful of you all to share your ideas. You can always tell a DISer at WDW as they are the ones walking around with a smile on their face while everyone else is all stressed out. :grouphug:

Slightly Goofy

At the BCV store (near the entrance to the villas, off of the main lobby), you can get an omlette sandwich on a croissant or another type of breakfast sandwich and a juice as a CS. That's about an $8 value.

At the same store, they let you use your snack credits for the very good yogurt/fruit parfaits that they make. Those are $4, so they were an excellent use of snack credits and we had them for breakfast almost every day. We LOVED the new BCV store.

MK bakery we were allowed two baked items and a beverage. Thining of the french toast loaf is making my hungry.

Denise

dzorn said:
MK bakery we were allowed two baked items and a beverage. Thining of the french toast loaf is making my hungry.

Denise

Are there other places (in parks and out) that allow the same thing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter