Best Date Night Dinner Spot

jpolak

DIS Veteran
So we are making our first ever trip out west for our 20th anniversary. Looking to sneak away from the kids to have a nice dinner together. Where would you recommend? TIA

Napa Rose if you are a foodie - Chef's Counter with the wine paring specifically especially if you enjoy wine.

Steakhouse55 at the Disneyland Hotel is wonderful as well.

When is your trip? In summer nothing beats Carthay Circle patio. Magical! Winter I'd go Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55 -- depending on your tastes. Some people just aren't "steak and potato" people and then would prefer Napa Rose.
I wouldn't recommend Blue Bayou anymore for "romantic." It's just too hectic and has lots of kids. Plus, it's nice to have wine or a cocktail, which would not be an option at Blue Bayou.

FWIW, we had a summer dinner on the patio at Carthay Circle Restaurant with some serious sun in the eyes issues. CCR is just not high up there for us.

IMO you have three choices at DLR. Napa Rose, Steakhouse 55, Blue Bayou. Best food? To us SH55 hands down. We are not exotic foodies and SH55 has the straightforward steaks and potatoes and the rest. BB is of course awesome and we never miss BB. NR is cool but not a must do for us. It has more light and windows and is more open. You won't go wrong with any of these choices IMO.

:wizard:

Last edited:
Napa Rose hands down in my book for an adult date night. Best food on property.

Steakhouse 55 is a close second for a nice night depending on your food tastes, everything else is just standard park fare IMO.

While I enjoy Blue Bayou and Carthay Circle, they both still have the vibe of the park chaos and not a relaxing date night evening if that is what you are looking for.

Last edited:
FWIW, we had a summer dinner on the patio at Carthay Circle Restaurant with some serious sun in the eyes issues. CCR is just not high up there for us.

IMO you have three choices at DLR. Napa Rose, Steakhouse 55, Blue Bayou. Best food? To us SH55 hands down. We are not exotic foodies and SH55 has the straightforward steaks and potatoes and the rest. BB is of course awesome and we never miss BB. NR is cool but not a must do for us. It has more light and windows and is more open. You won't go wrong with any of these choices IMO.

Oh...bummer about the sun. We haven't had that at CC, but a couple of times on the balcony at Jazz Kitchen the sun was just awful, so I know what you mean. That sun in the eyes can really ruin things. Definitely something to consider. Maybe check sunset times before making a reservation? I never thought to do that, but it sure couldn't hurt. Agree, though, that NR or SH55 are probably more "foolproof" and offer a more consistent good experience. We've eaten at CC many times and have had some really memorable evenings there, but they do for sure have "off" nights. BB...I think they've just put too many tables close together. Still a fun experience, but doesn't feel like date night to me anymore.

What kind of food do you enjoy? Sometime DH and I have great date nights in the lounge at CCR -- fun drinks, shared plates, and great service. Upstairs at CCR is always fun, too. Look over the menus for CCR (lounge and restaurant -- the menus are very different), NR (lounge and restaurant menus are the same -- you can order the full menu at the bar or in the lounge), S55, and the Jazz Kitchen. You can find the menus on allears.net. CCR and NR have seasonal menus, so there might be changes by the time you arrive. We've never eaten outside at CCR so I don't know about the sun problems -- we love the main dining room too much! The mural and B&W photos are so lovely! Would your date night be able to include a show? If so, how about a dining package? WOC CCR Dining Package or Dessert Party? F! dining package at BB?

All of these sound great! We are going the end of August. DW is not an adventerous diner, but is a bit of a foodie. I am very much a steak guy, so it looks like we have some tough choices to make.

Have to again agree with the HydroGuy.

Jack

Would like to add that I would rather eat at SS55, BB, or club 33. We dont drink wine or alcohol so dinners that parade this are of no interest to us.

Jack

Love Steakhouse 55.....food is great and the atmosphere is quite nice! Save room for the 24 layer chocolate cake!!!! :love:

Would like to add that I would rather eat at SS55, BB, or club 33. We dont drink wine or alcohol so dinners that parade this are of no interest to us.

Jack
Question: Does Club 33 include alcohol in the price, or is that extra? Thanks.

Jack
Would love to agree with Jack, and Hydro... had a very romantic dinner at Blue Bayou. Best meal and evening of my life!

--Lori

Would love to agree with Jack, and Hydro... had a very romantic dinner at Blue Bayou. Best meal and evening of my life!

And I'll make it a foursome. Though I'm tempted to say 2nd best meal, after Napa Rose Chef Counter.

Bob

And I'll make it a foursome. Though I'm tempted to say 2nd best meal, after Napa Rose Chef Counter.

Bob
Agreed again x5. DH and I went there for my 30th birthday (have been twice since) and it was amazing. We are vegetarian and they made us a custom pasta dish since we didn't find the stuffed mushroom appealing. Very good -- the service was outstanding as well. We had a waterside table and the ambiance simply cannot be beat.

I don't understand the negative reviews on this place, sure it is pricey (but let's face it folks, DLR is pricey in general), but I have had nothing but great experiences at BB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter