Best CS at MGM

LisaDKG

A little obsessed...
By many of the posts I've read, it doesn't sound like MGM is known for its stellar CS restaurants. BUT since it can't be avoided in our itinerary, can you suggest the best of the best/mediocre/lame (whatever your past experience)?
Thanks y'all!

I know I am in the minority, but I don't have a problem with the MGM CS options. We enjoyed the Cuban Sandwich at ABC comissary, the options at the Flatbread Grill place (what is it called? :confused3 ) and even the pizza wasn't bad at Pizza Planet (I mean, it is CS - what do you want?) We didn't eat there, but the Starring Rolls Bakery has some good looking sandwiches.

I enjoy Pizza Planet. I get the pizza and salad combo. ABC Commisary is good for breakfast, but I don't like the other offerings.
:)

We really loved the sandwiches from Backlot Express last May. I got the 1/2 Grilled Turkey & Cheese Sandwich with arugula and roasted red peppers (on some sort of interesting multi-grain "peasant" bread) served with cranberry slaw; my wife got the Grilled Vegetable Sandwich - toasted roll, portobello mushrooms, roasted red peppers, zucchini, tomato, watercress and FRESH mozzarella cheese. Not your standard burgers and chicken fingers place. Everything tasted fresh, and was no more expensive than you'd find at any specialty sandwich shop at an upscale mall food court or something like that.

[And no, it's not like I have some freakishly good "foodie" memory -- I checked my trip report!]

Backlot Grille had a good sandwich and soup meal
ABC has relatively quick service: burgers, sandwiches, noodle dish
Rosies is an easy burger and fries place close to Rockin' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror

We were in MGM last night and noticed the counter service was closed by the HIStK playground and Back Lots.
I don't know if it was open earlier, and just closed early. :confused3 But the place was busy back there. So it was not from lack of foot traffic.
Maybe they close in the afternoon. :confused3

We had the curry, fish and chips and tabbouleh wrap at the ABC commissary recently and thought they were all good CS options.

We like Pizza Planet. :goodvibes And if you're on the DDP the Mickey krispies are a good dessert (and easy to carry around if you don't eat them there).

Am anxious to try the steamed buns at Herbies Drive in near Lights action motorcars. For years our breakfast tradition has been the yummy pastries and tarts at Starring Rolls.

We are all about the ABC Commissary, though I think we LOVE it because we were REALLY hungry the day we ate lunch there. Those good memories will lead us back this August. Hope the burger is as good (if not - at least they show clips from my favorite soaps). :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter