Best/cheapest place to get Bare Minerals?

hoffman1

DIS Veteran
I bought a starter set at Ulta. Now I need more mineral veil and was thinking of getting some eyeshadow. Where is the best/cheapest place to order or buy?

thanks!

I think the prices are pretty standard at most stores. I buy mine at Ulta, I pay $25 for the foundation, but one pot lasts me 9 months, so that seems reasonable to me. The mineral veil I believe is $20.

Why don't you try out some other companies? I found that Bare Minerals was stretching my budget a bit so I did a bit of research and found a lot of really great companies that sell minerals for a great price. I recommend sampling first (many of these online companies allow you to purchase small samples for very little $$) Here are a few companies that I have tried and liked:
  • Everyday Minerals this is my Holy Grail, Their Original Glo foundation give a nice glow to my skin - They offer free samples (very generous sized, just pay shipping) And their kits are a great value. I love their blushes.
  • Lumiere I love their foundation, they have such nice ingredients, and incredible customer service.
  • Meow Cosmetics They have an incredible range of skin tones! And their large jars are huge.
There are tonnes of Mineral Makeup companies, these are just my faves. Here is a link to Mineral Makeup Talk forums, they also have information on coupon codes and deals.

I've been using Bare Escentuals for years (buying mainly off Ebay), but someone recently recommended Pure Luxe Cosmetics to me. They have very generously sized samples for very cheap and her range of eyeshadows are amazing. I placed my first order with her around the first of August and was so pleased that I just placed a second order a few days ago. I understand that once you find the foundation mix you want that if it's a combination of shades, that she will custom mix it for you. If you use one of her primer powders, then the foundation, then one of her finishing powders her makeup stays all day without looking chalky like the Bare Escentuals do. and I'm talking as someone who lives in steamy, humid East Texas. If her makeup will stand up to our heat and humidity it should stand up anywhere. It's applied a little differently though. You still swirl and tap, but you don't need to buff it in, just sweep it on with a very fluffy brush in very thin layers. It great and much cheaper than Bare Escentuals.

Another tip: If you go to makeupalley.com and just type in mineral makeup in the bottom box, a whole bunch of Mineral Makeup brands will come up and you can read reviews other consumers have written.

OT: has anyone tried the Eye Buki, Blending, Heavenly, or Soft Focus brushes from Bare Escentuals. I just recently won several an Ebay and am so impressed. They are so much softer than their regular application brushes. I admit I'm a brush 'ho and have tons of makeup brushes, but these are really, really nice.

Thanks for all the info.
I have tried the Everyday Minerals and their products just don't work for me. I came home one day and DH said you don't have a nose! :rotfl:
What he meant was I did not have any makeup on my nose.

No prob guys, I'm a mineral makeup junky. If anyone is interested in purchasing mineral cosmetics, lots of mineral makeup companies are having sales this weekend. Here's a quick list and here is info on the Meow sale and here is a link where people post up info on sales. I hope it's ok that I posted these links, please let me know if I've broken any rules, thanks! :goodvibes

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest