Best cash making credit card for young adult?

Ouch. Did he have any credit history?

Well job title doesn't really matter so...

She had some, not enough credit history for them obviously! Job title doesn't really matter, but we hoped a 6 figure salary would. She had been working for a while when she applied. It's funny, when she was interning for Google during her last summer before graduation, Southwest turned her down, and they still send her 'pre-approved' offers here at our house every few weeks. She changed her address with Rapid Rewards, but Chase didn't get the message.

With her lack of credit history, I’d definitely say take a look at Discover. My sons were able to get the Cap 1 Quicksilver card while they were in school but they both also had a Visa issued from their university credit union. I think Chase will want her to have a credit history for a least a year before they issue her a SW card.

It’s important for kids to get some credit on their own while in college. My DD19 also got a Visa last fall from her university. I’ll probably have her apply for another card sometime over the next year. It’s important when it comes to getting apartments, insurance and auto loans to have 2 lines of established credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter