Beaches and Cream

LilyWDW

Going to My Happy Place
I am so confussed and am hoping someone here will be able to help me out. I am currently making a list of possible places to eat during my family trip next year. We will be on the dining plan, so I have been working very hard to keep it to DDP participating places. However, I am getting mixed messages about Beaches and Cream! I have two different print ups about the DDP and they both list the locations the DDP is accepted for all kinds of serves. Beaches and Cream is on one of them but NOT the other. So what I am wondering is, has anyone used the DDP there recently? I would suspect that that would be the best way to know for sure. Thank you for your help!

:grouphug:

B&C is a family favorite. :)

We ate there 4 times last Fall on the ddp - not recent, but posts I've read since indicate that nothing has changed since then.

B&C is TS.

Appetizer is an additional side.

Kitchen sink is the only dessert not included. Creidts can't be combined to get the Kitchen Sink.

Kids do not get an appetizer, and the cookie included in the Kid's Meal is considered dessert.

Many feel that B&C is not a good use of TS credits.

Thank you very much for the reply angle's momma! :wave:

I know many do not think it is a good use, but I am currently just trying to come up with a list for some dinner's when we will not be in a specific park (second day at MK, the day at AK, and the "free" day we will have for DTD or whatever). This list is mostly of Epcot, DTD, and Resort restaurants so Beaches and Cream fell into that catagory...

I do want to try one of those amazing desserts they have though... I keep hearing so much about them!

We just returned and went there on Saturday night. The manager on duty said the wait would be 30 minutes. It was over an hour. Our waiter refused to allow us to get an appetizer and said that B and C did not have any. We ordered four waters with lemon in glasses, not bottles and also had two refillable mugs. We tried to order two hamburgers and split them as we had done every other visit, and he quickly informed us that we would have to charge us for four dining instead of two. This was the first time using the dining plan at Disney and here. We were ordering what we normally do here as we do not believe in wasting food. We got up and left. We went to the Yacht Club Gallery which was wonderful. Good food. I stopped back by at Beaches and Creme and talked to the manager on duty. He said that right after we left the waiter came to him and told him what had happened. This was an experienced waiter who had waited on us before. The food was better at the Yacht Club and my dh said that we would not be back for a while after the treatment we received. We ate at different counter served restaurants, Le Cellier, Coral Reef, and the Stitch Breakfast and never had any problems with any of the other meals. If you go, make certain what you are allowed before you order.

Becky

BeckyV, did the manager say that what the CM had told you was policy? Sorry you had a bad experience there!

Each of the 4 times we went last Fall, we split just 1 meal.

We plan to do this again on both of our trips this year. If we can't split, and appetizer is no longer included, I need to re-arrange some plans.

When I talked to him, he said that the waiter made a mistake about the statement that he would have to charge for four meals for the four waters that we ordered. He never did say anything about the appetizer. I got the impression that one was not allowed. I do plan on sending a letter to Disney. Will let the board know what they officially say. I still cannot believe that we were denied a salad as an appetizer. My dh had one with every other meal as an appetizer. The other nights we ordered other drinks and paid cash for these along with the water. I was never given a chance to order something extra at B and C.

Becky

Just back from a stay at BCV last week. We were on the DDP and decided not to eat at B & C for value purposes. It costs you a table service credit to dine there. There are much fancier and more expensive resturants nearby that represent a better value for your TS Credit.

I wouldn't have minded eating at B&C since we loved it from when we stayed at the Swan last fall. The service was forgettable but the food and atmosphere was great. If it had worked out for us to eat there, I would have just paid cash and saved my credits for a pricier place. I recommend you take the short walk around the lake to Spoodles, you can make an ADR there and avoid the wait!

If I could change one thing about the dining plan it would be to add the walk up window at B&C as a counter service option. The good thing is you can get pretty much the same stuff from HH on the other side of the pool.

BTW: HH has some goofy DDP rules. You can't get the poweraid as your beverage on the dining plan and the combos come with chips instead of fries. If you want fries you have to pay cash. The nice thing was you could get mickey ice creams as the dessert from the CS credit but you didn't have to get them with your lunch. I came back about two hours later with my reciept and got the ice cream then.

We like Beaches and Cream, but......there is typically a long wait. It really isn't financially a good use of a TS credit. If I were going there, I'd pay OOP and save the credits for a much nicer meal.

The only difference between B&C and a CS place is the sundae for dessert on the adult credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter